wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda what I'm thinking too. Plenty of time for this to trend more in our favour too.

Kinda what I'm thinking too. Plenty of time for this to trend more in our favour too.

Unusal that the trend has been our friend..if we can just make it to tomorrow afternoon.... i think we will make it!! :snowwindow:  :sled:  :snowing:

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/status/429886661938257920/photo/1/large?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=BigJoeBastardi&utm_content=429886661938257920..8 day snowfall total...would be nice...but i have seen so many different takes on this storm thay my head is spinning!!! :lmao:

LMAO, as Buckeye would say, "Must be measuring from the taint ratios"!.... 

U guys remember Jerry Martz? He used to be on channel 6 & fox 28. He posted on his facebook that it will be an all rain event here? Not sure what he is looking at.

He was a TV Met here in Pittsburgh, I think on WTAE for awhile. He also taught part time at Penn State NK, I had him for class, Intro to Meteorology as an elective. He was a pretty nice guy, fun to BS with, but seemed like he always leaned conservative. Not surprising though, more often that not things don't come together for big snows as we all know.

0Z NAM is SO close to a big hit here.  It's getting there!  As is, it's a huge icestorm.

yea brutal...at time of heaviest precip it's 27.5 surface temps and +1.5 850.   Hopefully soundings would be sleet, I hate sleet but the last thing I need this week is to lose power.

Actually hopefully the nam is just wrong.

yea brutal...at time of heaviest precip it's 27.5 surface temps and +1.5 850. Hopefully soundings would be sleet, I hate sleet but the last thing I need this week is to lose power.

Actually hopefully the nam is just wrong.

Any ice wld suck but freezn rn really sux, agreed. Is +1.5 at 850 any colder than previous runs?

looking at radar you guys are gonna get slammed. My daughter is a sophomore down there and I texted her to get ready for it earlier.

weird, my daughter is also an OU sophomore. I just texted her and she had no idea they might get 4-7 Inches! I was there in the early eighties and good snows were rare. They're doing pretty good this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

looking at radar you guys are gonna get slammed.   My daughter is a sophomore  down there and I texted her to get ready for it earlier.

We're already at 2.5" and have several hours of moderate to heavy snow to go. This is awesome!

weird, my daughter is also an OU sophomore. I just texted her and she had no idea they might get 4-7 Inches! I was there in the early eighties and good snows were rare. They're doing pretty good this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Small world. I'm a junior at OU :P

We are doing relatively good this year. Our biggest storm thus far has been 5.7" and that was on 1/25...we could very well pass that tonight.

Dare I say it, the GFS may almost be cold enough for all snow? 1000-500 thickness gets to 542, but need to see sounding.

NAM sounding shows lots of ZR not sleet for CMH. Warm layer is way too big.

Correct on the nam. Temp hoovers around 30° with freezing rain. Starts out as a brief period of snow but quickly turns over to ZR and remains that way until some back side flurries.

looks a lot like the ggem, amazing consistency on the low placement around sw PA, northern WV...for the last 4 or 5 days.  Of course that does not mean there isn't PLENTY of time for this to pull a shuffle either way.

Indeed. I can't see much more than small wobbles the rest of the way. Though, riding the line...that means everything. Good luck to you guys.

00z euro from wxbell

Columbus and surrounding never gets above 0 850.    Axis of heaviest is now a bit south of CMH on a line from between Dayton and Cincy thru Fayette county and east.  12-14" in that axis with 10-12" in Columbus area. 

take it for what it's worth.  All I care about is the euro hasn't waivered on track and has continually ticked colder.

Archived