wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you said this b/c to me it looked like ****e!

subtle changes grasshopper = big changes when you're riding the edge.   The 6z is on the left, the 12z is on the right...same timeframe.

The 12z nam is losing/weakening the energy at the se portion of the trough...circled on the 6z.   As a result the heights slightly flatten out ahead and the storm would go more east than north.   Subtle no doubt....but a favorable change for us if it continues in that direction.  Last thing we want is a sharp neg-tilt pocket in that trough.

post-622-0-53743600-1391438927_thumb.jpg

subtle changes grasshopper = big changes when you're riding the edge.   The 6z is on the left, the 12z is on the right...same timeframe.

The 12z nam is losing/weakening the energy at the se portion of the trough...circled on the 6z.   As a result the heights slightly flatten out ahead and the storm would go more east than north.   Subtle no doubt....but a favorable change for us if it continues in that direction.  Last thing we want is a sharp neg-tilt pocket in that trough.

Thank you. The graphics helped.

Wax on, wax off Mr. Miuagie (sp?) LOL

kinda glad we have the nam as a counter balance, otherwise I might be sweating the southeast trend...

...actually a nam/gfs compromise would be a nice hit here....probably not pure snow, but a nice hit

I believe a compromise of the nam/gfs is what the euro shows. If the euro holds steady at 12z it's probably the way to go.

main storm thread cracks me up....  they should name it, "Feb 4-5 Storm and the argument for the nw trend"

I have a feeling if it was showing the axis of heaviest thru Chicago into Detroit, we wouldn't be hearing about poor sampling, convective feedback, and model error... :lol:  :P

oh well, I guess if this subforum was 80% ohioans we'd do the same thing.   By the way...nogaps is further southeast.  FWLIW

So funny in that other thread. .. models they disregard or totally ignore during other storms that favor them. .they are riding like a wet mule with this storm! !!

Greetings from Cincy....thanks for the updates guys, really enjoy reading the thoughts here and on the "Other Thread'.

In regard to the "Other Thread" comment-- can understand that...been there done that more times than I care to recall....only to face the reality of giving "them" everything we had hoped for here. But I know where you are coming from.

I like the pattern that is developing here in the OV....let's stack 'em up!

Archived