wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We both know the NAM is not done coming SE.

yep I'm about 80% certain of that.  Which is interesting when you consider how cold the nam is relative to it's current track...it seems like any correction se might be an icestorm.

some good news, the 500h map on the  rgem at 48hrs looks closer to the gfs than the nam.    

Amazing how outside of the NAM, the models are in complete agreement on track.

I think if we were hoping to have some questions answered regarding whether we are in for a snowstorm, icestorm, mix storm, or cold rain storm on Wednesday, we still have no answers.   I was really hoping to see ONE big league model shift us safely southeast.   I guess the glass half full is we didn't have any jump in the nam camp.   Inside of 72 hours now so it'll probably be more about bumps and jogs at this point.  Which keeps us on the edge.

oh c'mon, you've never heard of the BOVS take off of the HOVS take off of the HECS....  that goes back in these forum about 10 years ;)

I know all about HECS and HOVS, but I guess I've missed the BOVS. I'm thinking the next 2 storms won't qualify. However, it if there is to be a BOVS, this is the year it could happen.

Clearly the 12z GFS is going further SE. That is a CLASSIC ice storm track for CVG and CMH. I noted the NAM last night and how far NW it was. It has come back SE too, so I'm discounting its 12z solution as it may be in the middle of a trend. Not saying it will end up as cold as the GFS is showing, but it is looking a bit more ominous now...

Clearly the 12z GFS is going further SE. That is a CLASSIC ice storm track for CVG and CMH. I noted the NAM last night and how far NW it was. It has come back SE too, so I'm discounting its 12z solution as it may be in the middle of a trend. Not saying it will end up as cold as the GFS is showing, but it is looking a bit more ominous now...

I'm not sure I'd agree with that, if you're comparing it to the 06z....I think it bumped nw a tiny bit.

However here's a little good news, the 12z GEFS are further east than the OP, which is interesting considering they should be really close at this point.  Must mean there are some members pretty far east. 

post-622-0-49457800-1391361368_thumb.jpg

The GFS looks much weaker in regards to the other models. .53 liquid. The temps would be snow, but not a storm to get pumped about, it'd be your run of the mill 3-6" storm for us. It's basically pick your poison. The NAM is definitely coming SE so I'm not worried there. The GEM isn't too bad. Puts us more on the line but is stronger. I'm anxiously awaiting the EURO. Hoping to see it more close to the GFS in terms of temps.

JMA, JMA, JMA.....

Didnt u say it was doin well this yr? Also, werent Euro ensembles in WVish area?

euro ens held with that same look as yesterday (the heart shape)....with the concentration over WV...BUT...there was a little more spread to the nw too. of course that's all moot here shortly.    JB says the jma has been doing really well.  Usually it has a more amped and north bias I think.

Euro appears to hold serve. Low in Wheeling, WV at 72 hours. Looks like mostly snow.

amazingly similar to 00z....  still briefly brings the 850 line north of us, but for a shorter time than the 00z showed.  Also surface temps are a degree or 2 colder.    Probably wouldn't be all snow, would probably have sleet and frz rain for a time.

overall the 12z runs pretty much held....   better than I expected.    Now that we're inside of 72 hours, I wouldn't think there would be much shifting...   ILN is gonna have a nightmare forecasting this mess

Archived