joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Annual Mid-Atlantic First Freeze Contest

WxUSAF

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be overtly gleeful at the missteps of others is a sign of immaturity but that is what reigns here anyway. Thnik Richmond made it to exactly 32 for 1 minute while BWI spent hours below freezing. It was a miss but just barely.

This is the kind of attitude I don't get. He was only having fun. You make a definitive prediction and it busts, you're gonna hear about it.

I don't think people having fun is immature. If it is, count me as an immature 51 year old.

(Damn, I'm gettin old)

00z GFS would IMPLY that DCA goes below freezing either Tues/Wed/Thur night next week

Should be able to finish this contest off by mid-week. 

Yes, SHOULD and IMPLY are correct terms to use after this am, DCA locks at 34 while every site within 25 miles all around falls into upper 20's.....LOL.

I have no idea where they have the sensors located at DCA, but in my mind I'm seeing a 737 'strategically' parked and left idling nearby. :ph34r:

DCA hit this morning.  Nobody got DCA exactly right, although 5 people missed it by 2 days.  So, the winner of the 4th(?) Annual Mid-Atlantic First Freeze Contest is.....

Bob Chill!

Bob had a cumulative departure of only 18 days.  UVVmet84 was a very close 2nd with a score of 19, H2O a very close 3rd with a score of 20 and nw baltimore wx 4th with a score of 21. 

Archived