Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Autumn 2013 Thread

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a double bunner, lol.

You know it's early in the season when you are content to watch like 10sm --SN flakes blow by the flood light on the deck outside. This stuff probably wouldn't even be picked up by an ASOS sensor it's so light.

Yes, We all have had the check the flood light verification for flakes

That's a double bunner, lol.

You know it's early in the season when you are content to watch like 10sm --SN flakes blow by the flood light on the deck outside. This stuff probably wouldn't even be picked up by an ASOS sensor it's so light.

I get at least a single bun for filming the first flakes in the Champlain Valley just before Halloween LOL.

26° when I left home this morning.  I thought there were a couple of flurries floating around last night when I took the dog out around 10:00 but then assuumed I was just having a weenie hallucination.  Alas there were several snowflakes on the car roof this morning so I guess I wasn't just seeing things.  The windows of the car were frozen shut from the rain that fell yesterday, the joys of living in VT without a garage.  :axe:

Snow showers just popped up in underhill. One minute stratiform clouds obscure Manny, the next minute snow. Varga maybe. Looks pretty solid though.

Pretty nice burst of snow here in Stowe on RT 108.

Fluffy, upslope flakes. This is the real stuff, floating down, filling the sky in bursts.

Looks like from me to J.Spin should be getting some decent snow shower activity. We'll see how long this sticks around.

Nov_8.gif

Estimated Froude is 0.3 right now.

Just a word of precaution on the Estimated Froude. That's based off the Mount Mansfield wind sensor, so if that freezes up or has faulty data, it's also going to be faulty. I'm gonna bet that the wind on Mansfield is much stronger than 10 knots right now as its reporting.

Now available on there is:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/mountain/profile/greens.txt

This is model based and also offers a prediction. The flow today is very unblocked as shown by the model, and confirmed by the soundings this afternoon and reports that the snow is making it well across the mountains. Also the precip is quite cellular and convective as noted by the graupel reports, also a signature of unblocked flow.

Archived