Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Autumn 2013 Thread

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10F on 10/21/1972 and 10/24/1969

CON can go into radiating beast mode sometimes. All-time record low is -37F in that brutal mid Feb 1943 outbreak.

NYC hit -8, most recent day they've fallen below -2 and 3rd coldest ever.  Most incredible, to me anyway, is the -39 at PWM, their coldest ever - by 13F.  And since it occurred in mid-Feb (2/16), their avg temps had already risen 4-5F from winter's lowest.  Both the 15th and 16th approached 40F below avg, and I'm fairly confident that the -39 (recorded about 100 yd from the tidal/brackish Fore River) is this country's coldest shoreline temp south of the Aleutians.

Had 43/14 at my place, 2nd only to the 12F morning of 10/31/02 in 16 Octobers here.  Down to 22 at 9 PM, would probably match or beat this morning's low if the clouds didn't roll in as forecast.

Several folks coming into the office here in Portland west end stated they saw a few flakes on their way to work. Checked radar and not much showing. I saw what I perceived to be a few flakes on my way in to work around 5:45 am. Just can't be positive that is what I saw.

Most likely as they are small and just a little teaser of course.

Archived