• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Fall Foliage 2013

SpartyOn

A few weeks back the one hackberry treen in the back turned yellow and dropped almost half it's leaves.  It's usually one of the earlier trees, but it has all the other trees around beat by a long shot.  Most trees around here are still all green, except some of the very early turners like walnuts, etc.  Some of the ash trees have some yellow areas, but they always turn real early. 

Fall Color Update - September 23, 2013

Upper Peninsula - The color is starting to starting to kick-in in the interior areas of the Upper Peninsula. Some isolated areas of peak color should start appearing this week and there should be some early peak color this weekend in the interior parts of the U.P. with some areas getting near peak. This will be the first weekend for good early color touring trips in the U.P

Northern Lower Michigan - The color is also increasing in areas of Northern Lower Michigan. The best spots for early color in Northern Lower Michigan will be Gaylord north to the Mackinac Bridge. Some early color this weekend, however, look for the peak color to arrive in Northern Lower Michigan sometime during the first part of October.

September 28 - 29, 2013 - Early Color Weekend with some isolated peak color in Northern Lower Michigan

http://www.fallcolorblog.com/

Great pics Josh.

I'm heading out to a state forest today to enjoy what appears to be the best day out of the next 8 -10. There's a pond there loaded with crappies and bluegills and the scenery is great. If I think about it between landing fish, I'll shoot a few photos. We're not at peak here, but good color nonetheless.

A couple of quick phone shots from my fishing hole. It started out clear and 40°, then clouded up for about an hour. Then the sun returned and the temp shot up 15°. Now sitting at 63°. Goodbye 60's.

It was kind of funny that the fish were biting until the quasi warm front rolled through and they shut off.

Looks like you have a nice fishing hole there IWX.

Nice pictures SnowFreak - like the 3rd one with the old car and the one at the end with the old steam engine train.

Great photo lighting with yours WeatherBo. 

Some pictures I took today. Peak color will definitely be between now and Halloween.

post-7389-0-36624200-1382316093_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-55820400-1382316116_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-47065400-1382316140_thumb.jp

Nice shots, but I would call it even higher than that in many spots, especially with this evening's rain. Looking at a solid 80-90% drop already, which is actually right on schedule with climo up here in the terrain. Looking forward to some snow! Already had a couple snow showers the past 24 hours, with the roof even white with ice pellets and a few snow flakes this morning. Gotta love October in northern Michigan!

pics from my yard this morning. interior areas around Gaylord, there's 60-70% drop in spots already.

attachicon.gif1020133.JPG

attachicon.gif1020134.JPG

attachicon.gif1020131.JPG

attachicon.gif1020132.JPG

Looks like you have a nice fishing hole there IWX.

Nice pictures SnowFreak - like the 3rd one with the old car and the one at the end with the old steam engine train.

Great photo lighting with yours WeatherBo. 

Some pictures I took today. Peak color will definitely be between now and Halloween.

attachicon.gif131020_0002.jpg

attachicon.gif131020_0005.jpg

attachicon.gif131020_0006.jpg

nice pics geo!

Nice shots, but I would call it even higher than that in many spots, especially with this evening's rain. Looking at a solid 80-90% drop already, which is actually right on schedule with climo up here in the terrain. Looking forward to some snow! Already had a couple snow showers the past 24 hours, with the roof even white with ice pellets and a few snow flakes this morning. Gotta love October in northern Michigan!

Crazy the difference in just 30 miles between there and here.  No snow showers here but lots of ice pellets yesterday. 

squishy wet tho!  Northern Antrim has seen a ton of rain the past 30 days!

Archived