joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll do real well if the NAM is right. As far as I'm concerned you're just as much a part of this thread's envelope as I am here in Dutchess Co.

Thanks guys.  Nice to be here.  When I'm at the Falmouth house, I'm in the NE thread.  But it's nice to be welcome here when I'm at the Litchfield house.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to bed early so I am up at sunrise to see the heavy snow materialize.  I'll probably hang in until around midnight since I'm so excited and probably won't sleep.    Some forecasts have  mixing and rain all the way up here but I can't see plain rain making it here.

Beer/wine store was packed around 8PM -  people are hunkering down.  I also noticed lines at the gas stations on route 23.

I stocked up on libations.  I was planning on taking a benadryl and going to sleep at 11 and waking up at 6.  But now the precip is moving in earlier, so I may stay up and turn on the flood lights over the pond.  If I sleep from 3 to 8, that will be good.  Then I can see the real good stuff from 8 to 12.

I don't think the dynamics of the initial warm advection are going to give us as much snow as the city/LI and points south.  To realize these high totals, we really need that trowal to develop where the hi-res NAM and Euro suggest that it will, which will likely come down to nowcasting.

Agree completely. The NAM, 4km NAM, and RGEM (if you ignore its p-type issues which I don't think are well-founded) all look good for reinforced banding, but I think the storm runs the risk of leaving a sour taste in the mouth of anybody who manages to miss that. Thankfully, I think the chance of that is dwindling rapidly.

Snow seems to be pushing earlier than modeled no?

Haven't really checked but keep in mind the air is somewhat dry, so radar may be a bit deceiving as to the northern extent. Even so, the stuff coming up through PA and NJ looks predominately light, with most of the meaningful precip still down through the Mid-Atlantic and deep south. As long as you're up by like 7 am, I don't think you'll miss anything.

Haven't really checked but keep in mind the air is somewhat dry, so radar may be a bit deceiving as to the northern extent. Even so, the stuff coming up through PA and NJ looks predominately light, with most of the meaningful precip still down through the Mid-Atlantic and deep south. As long as you're up by like 7 am, I don't think you'll miss anything.

Yea I'm glad this is a day time storm and not an overnight like the last few.. We can actually enjoy it and see snow development etc

Yea I'm glad this is a day time storm and not an overnight like the last few.. We can actually enjoy it and see snow development.

I was just thinking about when I should get up tomorrow to se the best of the storm.  I am thinking I am not going to miss much in the early morning hours but it sounds like things get kicking around 6 -7 am or so. 

Here is Ossining I am at 19.4.  No snow yet.  Looking at the Bukfit for the NAM for KHPN It is saying we will get 11 inches and then .3 inches of rain and then .2 inches of freezing rain and then another 5 inches of snow on the back end.  Unfortunately I think here I am going to be in the battle zone for precip type.  I am jealous of you guys up north.  Congrats!  Enjoy the snow.  Can't wait to hear about your totals!  Here's hoping that it trends colder and we all get pounded!  

Archived