joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen a euro run like this in my life.. The 4k nam was nuts with snow totals and it's actually wetter and colder... Rain snow barley makes it into the city... NYC sees 14-20" we see 18-24+" Nd absolutely epic run

I don't see those totals on the maps I am using.  I see pretty much 12-18" area wide.  The other thing is, the city gets close to a foot on the front end, those of us in the northern part of the region see half of that, but make it up with the back end.  At least that's per the Euro.  Of course, that's with 10:1 ratios.  If you're cranking in the CCB/trowal, you're probably generating higher ratios.

I don't see those totals on the maps I am using.  I see pretty much 12-18" area wide.  The other thing is, the city gets close to a foot on the front end, those of us in the northern part of the region see half of that, but make it up with the back end.  At least that's per the Euro.  Of course, that's with 10:1 ratios.  If you're cranking in the CCB/trowal, you're probably generating higher ratios.

Yeah from the map I saw it showed 1.4-1.6 qpf in OC. 12-18" with some isolated 20" amounts possible

That's what I was thinking, which I had posted earlier the same thoughts, I'm just not sure why models seem to think were gonna mix up here.. Even noaa is calling for wintry mix

Upton has an all snow event on this side... Your longitude probably plays a factor. West is key in this storm to staying all snow

EDIT: Upton changed my P/C to a mix after 5pm tomorrow and before 11pm. Probably during the lull when snow growth is terrible. I wouldn't worry about it too much

lol.. no one is mixing up here.. maybe Rockland, Putnam guys but that should be the limit

Yeah- if the metro guys are saying it's going to stay snow into the afternoon down there, then I would be shocked if we ran into much mixing, if any. Guess anything is possible but hopefully we are good to go up here.

Archived