joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much are you guys worried about sleet, should just be between they heavy stuff, but rooting for pure snow obviously!

I believe our area should avoid any sleet / mix of consequence. If we do get some it will likely be in between the front end and back side.

RAP continues westward trend.. 

Not complaining but still kind of confused as to why Ulster gets more than the counties around it lol.

Solid 10-15" all on NW NJ & LHV. If CCB banding works out this evening, which most guidance says it will, then 15-20" in those areas that max out on both sides with no mixing in between.

I agree with a NW NJ and LHV jackpot probably. Should get the most intense precip rates. Thinking somewhere elevated in Orange  probably ends up near 20 inches. 

Guest Patrick

i'm more worried about dry slotting than mixing at this point...

Solid 10-15" all on NW NJ & LHV. If CCB banding works out this evening, which most guidance says it will, then 15-20" in those areas that max out on both sides with no mixing in between.

i'm more worried about dry slotting than mixing at this point...

As great as these big events always look as they begin there is always the worry of dry slotting or banding not occurring exactly as modeled. That is just the variability inherent in the weather. Overall, though, I think we are in good shape.

Yeah thats till 8pm tonight. Shows 12-15" 

I already have at least 1.5-2" outside right now. (eyeballing)

Found this interesting from CWG, probably not fully pertaining to us though:

Liked · about an hour ago 

Incredible range of conditions in the region at 6 am. Dulles: heavy snow and 22. Reagan Natl mixed precip and 35. What's happening where you are?

The main reason some areas have warmed up quickly is because low pressure to our south (see below) is strong (hence the heavy precip) and slightly west of where it was forecast, and so it is drawing in quite a bit of mild air off the ocean.

Are the heavier echoes to our south going to arrive here in mid hudson? If so, when? My wife is trying to decide if she should go to work. I am saying no, but she insists.

Without a doubt, probably not til after 9 or 10 looking at the latest HRRR.  They may not be quite the intensity that they are down in the city, but easily 1-2" per hour once they get going.

Archived