• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

Welcome.  I would think that Ossining most certainly qualifies  :)

Thank you Radders that is much appreciated.  I now pledge my allegiance to this forum! :thumbsup:   I was just looking at the radar and wondering where is the low right now because I am hoping that the storm will last for a while but looking at the radar it does not look like there is a lot of moisture coming our way.  Am I incorrect?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the suburbia forum.

Definitely more laid back in here and less craziness then the metro side of things. And we seem to accept our fate easier when it comes to projected storm forecasts in here lol

Thanks Pitmaster!  I agree more laid back in suburbia.  That is why I left Brooklyn.  I guess the forum affect follows the real affect of the city.  Hope everyone enjoys the snow and stays safe.  

Thank you Radders that is much appreciated.  I now pledge my allegiance to this forum! :thumbsup:   I was just looking at the radar and wondering where is the low right now because I am hoping that the storm will last for a while but looking at the radar it does not look like there is a lot of moisture coming our way.  Am I incorrect?

The surface low is starting to deepening off the coast of VA. The heavier stuff is still to our south but as the upper level trough in the OH valley starts go negative tilt, we should get into some inverted trough action which will keep the precipitation relatively organized and steady until daybreak.

Snowing moderately now down to 10.5 degrees.  Flakes are so small you barely notice  them except I was outside for about five minutes and I was covered in snow.  Wish I was skiing in this because it is some sweet powder!laugh.png  I don't think I have been in a snowstorm before on the east coast when it was this cold. 

earthlight is doing a good job with a live blog on what is going on with the storm here:

[url=http://www.nymetroweather.com]http://www.nymetroweather.com[/url

Check it out if you want a better explanation of what is happening and what to expect over the next few hours.

Thanks Radders- good to see he has the Hudson valley in the 8 plus potential zone. Hopefully we get there.

I don't know if snow totals will bust but I think temps will bust.  It is now 8.9 degrees.  Low was supposed to be 9 degrees.  It has dropped over 1degree in the last half hour and seems to be still falling.  Going to go outside now to shovel and measure.  It has been snowing moderately for a while so I am guessing we are up to 3.5 inches or so.  

Hey everyone, also not sure if I should post here but I guess I am close enough! Moderate snow now with temp around 14 with 3-3.5" or so.  None of those heavier bands ever made it here but good ratios have helped. 

Hey ILoveWinter, I have recently been welcomed to the board so I will extend the same welcome to you.  I think Northern Westchester is welcomed to this board.  I am surprised that you are at 14 degrees and I am 5 degrees colder than you.  I hope you enjoy the snow and keep us posted. 

Hey ILoveWinter, I have recently been welcomed to the board so I will extend the same welcome to you.  I think Northern Westchester is welcomed to this board.  I am surprised that you are at 14 degrees and I am 5 degrees colder than you.  I hope you enjoy the snow and keep us posted. 

Hey thanks for the welcome.  Armonk is kind of in the southern part of northern westchester so there is usually a difference in temps.  On the other hand, Tarrytown is at 8 and is slightly further south than here so maybe there is a east-west component associated with the temps during this storm.  Who knows?

Edit: Temp down to 12.3 now and snow is heavy

Hey everyone, also not sure if I should post here but I guess I am close enough! Moderate snow now with temp around 14 with 3-3.5" or so.  None of those heavier bands ever made it here but good ratios have helped. 

Not sure if Ossining, NY qualifies for this forum but I have found that the conversation in this forum is so much more respectful so if it is okay I would be more interested in sharing in this forum.  

Thankfully was able to get into LGA this evening before they cancelled flights into LGA after changing my flight from tomorrow. Happy to be home and be able to enjoy the storm. Snow started here just about at 6:00 PM. Has been snowing light to moderate. 2 inches so far. Temps have been more impressive than the snow. Down to 12 degrees here.

Welcome to the NW forum! You guys def are more than welcome to post in here. Im pretty sure you would enjoy posting in here... we have a good crowd

Thanks Snywx.  

6.2 degrees and 3.5 inches of snow I would guess.  Hard to say since winds are picking up.  Crazy low temps.  I was going to make a chili when I woke up tomorrow but now I think I have to stay up and watch the storm and make the chili now.  Enjoy everyone. 

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see how much snow was on the ground when I got home from my mission from hell lol... The roads weren't that bad it just sucked getting stuck behind 3 plows on 87 between 15 & 16.. The worst!

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. Yeah - the snow is piling up pretty good. I think 8-10 is in reach for some of us in the NW- guess we will see how long it can last. Heavy snow continues to fall down here in my neck of the woods- I would say we are at 6 inches or so.

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. Yeah - the snow is piling up pretty good. I think 8-10 is in reach for some of us in the NW- guess we will see how long it can last. Heavy snow continues to fall down here in my neck of the woods- I would say we are at 6 inches or so.

8-10" seem to be a lock for most in the region. Its piling up with ease. 

8-10" seem to be a lock for most in the region. Its piling up with ease.

Yup - it's funny cause at one point this storm was forecasted as a potential 36 hr event. And even though we saw a dusting yesterday - seems like most of the damage will occur in 10 hrs or so.

It's a great storm with the wind and temps - a little blocking and this could have really been even better. Hopefully we can see a few more events this month- the next couple of weeks appear to moderate though. We shall see.

Archived