Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a totally non negative way... Radar looks awful for my area ( lower Hudson valley). Mod precip can't make it's way in

Don't fret. Still several more hours of light to occasionally moderate snow at high ratios. Down to 2 degrees here, should be below zero before the snow ends. I'm more impressed by that than a fairly run of the mill snowfall. Can't be too often that it happens around here.

Too little too late IMO for us to meet our forecasted high end... Still think we should see our low end totals tho 6" or so

It is looking tougher... Especially the 12-16 range lol.  Having said that, the next 6 hours are supposed to be the when the intensity picks up so we will see.  I think 6-8 is very achievable for this area.

It is looking tougher... Especially the 12-16 range lol. Having said that, the next 6 hours are supposed to be the when the intensity picks up so we will see. I think 6-8 is very achievable for this area.

I would agree with 6-8 lets just hope we see some coastal energy take over and a shift more north than east

In a totally non negative way... Radar looks awful for my area ( lower Hudson valley). Mod precip can't make it's way in

Continues to be moderate to heavy here by me- been this way for some time now - I would say a good 3 inches or so but hard to tell with this wind.

I'm sure we get somewhere between 6-10 when it's all said and done. I'll be fine with that.

I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised with the radar presentation in the next couple of hours... Looking good to our west...echoes are strengthening

Mets in the NE forum were commenting on the mid level injection that was happening around BGM and AVP. I think that's what we're seeing.

2" in Oakland, NJ as of about 20 minutes ago. Light-moderate snow falling at 12 degrees (& temp dropping quickly). Pure powder. 

Per my parents, heavy snow on the south end of Long Beach Island; 32.3 degrees there at my station - huge temp gradient from there to interior NNJ here. The banding there looks quite intense. 

Not sure if Ossining, NY qualifies for this forum but I have found that the conversation in this forum is so much more respectful so if it is okay I would be more interested in sharing in this forum.  

Thankfully was able to get into LGA this evening before they cancelled flights into LGA after changing my flight from tomorrow. Happy to be home and be able to enjoy the storm. Snow started here just about at 6:00 PM. Has been snowing light to moderate. 2 inches so far. Temps have been more impressive than the snow. Down to 12 degrees here.

Not sure if Ossining, NY qualifies for this forum but I have found that the conversation in this forum is so much more respectful so if it is okay I would be more interested in sharing in this forum.  

Thankfully was able to get into LGA this evening before they cancelled flights into LGA after changing my flight from tomorrow. Happy to be home and be able to enjoy the storm. Snow started here just about at 6:00 PM. Has been snowing light to moderate. 2 inches so far. Temps have been more impressive than the snow. Down to 12 degrees here.

Welcome.  I would think that Ossining most certainly qualifies  :)

Welcome to the suburbia forum.

Definitely more laid back in here and less craziness then the metro side of things. And we seem to accept our fate easier when it comes to projected storm forecasts in here lol

Archived