Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 7 degrees at my office in Fishkill.  Has been snowing lightly all morning (despite nothing on radar) but not really adding up to a lot.  The radar looks to be filling in a bit over NEPA and S CT NY, maybe that heads our way shortly?

7F is quite a drop already! It was 18F at 6:30am when I left my house near KPOU this morning.  Thanks for the report. I am in the tropics of NYC at work today, but good to hear some reports from my neighborhood back home.  I live just 5 miles north of Fishkill.

7F is quite a drop already! It was 18F at 6:30am when I left my house near KPOU this morning.  Thanks for the report. I am in the tropics of NYC at work today, but good to hear some reports from my neighborhood back home.  I live just 5 miles north of Fishkill.

Check out the Wunderground reporting stations.  Definitely some variability as the arctic airmass sags south.  I posted this morning that Rhinebeck and Red Hook were 7/8 degrees while southern parts of the county were 20-22 degrees.

Check out the Wunderground reporting stations.  Definitely some variability as the arctic airmass sags south.  I posted this morning that Rhinebeck and Red Hook were 7/8 degrees while southern parts of the county were 20-22 degrees.

Yeah, I saw that.. Pretty amazing gradient for one county.  Bodes well for ratios later.

I'm in Monroe - of course shortly after I posted it got very light again. Temps continue to fall and wind is picking up. I would imagine we will see this on and off until things pick up later.

Radar loop showing spotty stuff coming in from the southeast.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=pan&prevzoom=zoom&num=6&frame=0&delay=15&scale=0.200&noclutter=0&ID=OKX&type=N0R&showstorms=0&lat=41.47019958&lon=-74.07006073&label=New%20Windsor,%20NY&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=0.200&centerx=974&centery=509&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0

nice snow pics... OT, but those paw prints leading up to your car, i call them "hell no" tracks.  I see tracks to my car in the snow from anything other than a human, hell no i'm not going in.

lmao... Whats funny is that I saw them too when I got out. We have neighborhood cats that like to hang out under the cars. 

Guest Patrick

extremely light snow all day long... off and on... just became a steady extremely light snow, if that makes any sense.  visibility dropped and the ground whitening up fast.  temp dropped in the past hour from 19 degrees to 15 degrees.

looks like the coast jackpots with this one... but most of the models now bring the .5qpf line west to the delaware river...we are going to do just fine up here.

extremely light snow all day long... off and on... just became a steady extremely light snow, if that makes any sense.  visibility dropped and the ground whitening up fast.  temp dropped in the past hour from 19 degrees to 15 degrees.

looks like the coast jackpots with this one... but most of the models now bring the .5qpf line west to the delaware river...we are going to do just fine up here.

Certainly different pattern than when I grew up where N and W almost always the place to be.  Seems like east of us have outdone NW NJ more often than not with these 6+" storms over the past several years.   Expect this storm to be the same though I will be content with 4 to 8 of "Colorado" type snow.  Amazing roller coaster of temperature and weather about to go on over the next week.

I checked out the weather forecaster DT's final call. He has us in the 8-12 zone for his final call. His 12 -16 zone is just across the NY border for what it is worth. Weather forecaster Steve D has us on the line between 6 to 12 & 8 to 16. Mt Holly NWS is going for 6-10.

After all is considered for our location, It would take all 3 weather teams mentioned above to be wrong for us not hit 6 inches.

Postive trends today for the GFS & Euro point to possibly a solid max snow dumpage around 10 inches if everyting clicked for northern Sussex County.

Guest Patrick

honestly the more I look at the band progged to bisect the city/ LI early tomorrow morning, the more i can imagine subsidence bringing down totals in the immediate burbs...with a second max line running sw to ne somewhere over your house....the RAP at 7am tomorrow sort of shows what i am looking at.

I checked out the weather forecaster DT's final call. He has us in the 8-12 zone for his final call. His 12 -16 zone is just across the NY border for what it is worth. Weather forecaster Steve D has us on the line between 6 to 12 & 8 to 16. Mt Holly NWS is going for 6-10.

After all is considered for our location, It would take all 3 weather teams mentioned above to be wrong for us not hit 6 inches.

Postive trends today for the GFS & Euro point to possibly a solid max snow dumpage around 10 inches if everyting clicked for northern Sussex County.

Archived