e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wall of snow is on us! We have about 16 more hours of steady snow I think! That's a lot of snowfall!

The latest HRRR ends the steady snow around 5-6 am, but should be a fun 12 hours nonetheless.

Back home in Hopewell Junction and it is 6F and moderate snow.. Quickly piling up already.

It was 26F when I left midtown.. 20F difference!!  Completely different climate up here lol

Pretty crazy, right?! I assume that's why we had steady snow, albeit light, most of the day despite no radar returns.  

Not in our area, but seeing reports of 18" over the north shore of Boston, and that's before the main storm moves in.  I imagine there might be some totals approaching 30" when all is said and done.

Is anyone worried about a dry area in PA heading towards us? Hopefully it fills is as the coastal intensifies. Hoping that the flakes turn bigger for better accumulations.....less needles, more fatter dendrites.

I think once the coastal takes over ur gonna see a more northeAst track with the moisture.. Radar looks good

Is anyone worried about a dry area in PA heading towards us? Hopefully it fills is as the coastal intensifies. Hoping that the flakes turn bigger for better accumulations.....less needles, more fatter dendrites.

The mesoscale models do not show our area being impacted by a dry slot.  If you watch radar trends, that area west of Scranton seems to be filling in and is moving more NE now than ENE.  I think we'll be fine.  Enjoy the snow!

I think once the coastal takes over ur gonna see a more northeAst track with the moisture.. Radar looks good

We shall see but I think the highest LE totals are pretty well aimed toward the central 3rd of NJ then out towards LI. Still think we do just fine with overall better ratios for the duration of the event. Those differences should somewhat balance the accumulation totals out. But there will probably be a 12" (+?) strip where the LE and ratio combo are maximized the best. I slightly favor east central NJ onto Parts of LI for that as of now. 5-10" for much of the area regardless. Enjoy!

The mesoscale models do not show our area being impacted by a dry slot. If you watch radar trends, that area west of Scranton seems to be filling in and is moving more NE now than ENE. I think we'll be fine. Enjoy the snow!

I agree with this... This will be a legitimate snowstorm for our neck of the woods.. Would not be surprised if dt map verified on the low end... 12-14??

I agree with this... This will be a legitimate snowstorm for our neck of the woods.. Would not be surprised if dt map verified on the low end... 12-14??

So many variables at play: ratios best in one place, LE highest in another. These variables somewhat counter each other. Thus most areas will fall into a similar range of 5-10 or 6-12. But somewhere they will reach a max combination and that will be the jackpot of 12" maybe even a little bit more. Everything I see now keeps me leaning to central 3rd of NJ then extending to LI for tat. That, however des not reduce our impacts and we easily remain in that otherwise general 5-10 or 6-12 range. HRRR recently suggest NW areas start to rap up close to dawn or shortly there after.

Archived