Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 Pattern and Discussion

wx n of atl

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been boring here lately. Hopefully, we'll at least have one hurricane to form in the Atlantic basin during the peak of the season. But the way things are looking presently, I wouldn't bet on it.

Not looking to perky even on the models as we are now begining the peak of the season. These past few days have been the most uncomfortable stretch of weather all summer for me. Glad to know summer officially ends in just 3 weeks.

Not looking to perky even on the models as we are now begining the peak of the season. These past few days have been the most uncomfortable stretch of weather all summer for me. Glad to know summer officially ends in just 3 weeks.

Agreed.  Just.......blah weather.

Not looking to perky even on the models as we are now begining the peak of the season. These past few days have been the most uncomfortable stretch of weather all summer for me. Glad to know summer officially ends in just 3 weeks.

I'm with ya. And yeah, not even the LR GFS has thrown us a bone. Hopefully, we'll see things change a bit as we head into September, per Larry's post in the tropical thread. If not, we can always hope for some severe wx (the low CAPE/high shear variety) during the early Fall.

Get ready for an interesting month of weather...

Interesting weather in September ? Maybe where you live, but where I live in Georgia September is usually a very boring month. September 2009 was interesting, but 9 times out of 10 September is dry as a bone unless we get tropical moisture. Same goes for October.

Interesting weather in September ? Maybe where you live, but where I live in Georgia September is usually a very boring month. September 2009 was interesting, but 9 times out of 10 September is dry as a bone unless we get tropical moisture. Same goes for October.

Well, I'll give you the dry, unless there's a wind machine, but it starts cooling off, and we get to watch highs start dropping into Canada, and maybe even into here, so not boring to me.  Titillating, coquettish,  maybe, but not boring.... to me.  T

Well, I'll give you the dry, unless there's a wind machine, but it starts cooling off, and we get to watch highs start dropping into Canada, and maybe even into here, so not boring to me. Titillating, coquettish, maybe, but not boring.... to me. T

I meant boring in a good way lol. I love the first big cold front that ushers in that first taste of fall. Love the shortening days and football of course :)

Well, it looks like any prospects of interesting weather of any type are extremely low over the next couple of weeks. Doesn't look like there are any tropical threats to speak of either.

Tomorrow and Saturday looks great. Around 80 or so with lows in the upper 50s (for Raleigh area). One way to look at this average boring weather is it could still be very hot this time of year. I'll take more of this...  

Tomorrow and Saturday looks great. Around 80 or so with lows in the upper 50s (for Raleigh area). One way to look at this average boring weather is it could still be very hot this time of year. I'll take more of this...

Temp-wise, I couldn't agree more. It's looks to be nice, and overall, it's been a pretty fabulous summer. I'm just ready for some exciting weather. Where are the tropical systems? Geez.

Next weekend looks really nice

Just looking at some of the 06z data from the GFS. It would appear that an over-running CAD event is possible next weekend. Temps will depend on whether or not we get any precip into that cool dry air. If things pan out just right, we could see some areas staying in the 50's to low 60's for highs. Just a reminder that winter is coming.

Archived