• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather possible weekend of the 21st?

weatherwiz

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the front hasn't cleared the region yet so it's a little premature to say total bust. Not making a direct comparison, but the best storm I've seen in SNE was the night of 8/10/00 and that was an afterthought of a WNE severe event earlier in the day.  The front never quite cleared SNE that night and sure enough the worst was yet to come.  

Well, the front hasn't cleared the region yet so it's a little premature to say total bust. Not making a direct comparison, but the best storm I've seen in SNE was the night of 8/10/00 and that was an afterthought of a WNE severe event earlier in the day.  The front never quite cleared SNE that night and sure enough the worst was yet to come.  

That was some setup though.  Wasn't there an EML for that event?

I remember us having this conversation, and yet another heat wave manages to end with a comparative whimper.  I don't know what it is -- it just seems something always goes wrong.  4 days of unbearable heat and DPs and then a cold front comes along and it's all exciting looking.  

Today's rather midland to low end severe result seems on the surface to be because the prefrontal trough was too far out of phase with mechanical forcing/lift.  So the front then comes through with less CAPE.  hm. 

Archived