• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Severe Weather possible weekend of the 21st?

weatherwiz

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol can't tell if this is sarcasm or serious.

We have had a couple good storms but certainly less frequent than other areas in my opinion.

I can't remember one good storm this year, though maybe because I was working during it.

what are you seeing for negatives?  

i still think lack of orthogonal flow in the BL will be an impediment unless LL wind fields are being poorly modeled. and still feel like best ingredients on a synoptic level are not collocated. best instability SW...best wind fields and mid-level forcing N 

i still think lack of orthogonal flow in the BL will be an impediment unless LL wind fields are being poorly modeled. and still feel like best ingredients on a synoptic level are not collocated. best instability SW...best wind fields and mid-level forcing N 

that doesn't mean there won't be any storms around at all...i just think we may get split.

and of course with that now said, SNE will get nailed. :lol: 

that doesn't mean there won't be any storms around at all...i just think we may get split.

and of course with that now said, SNE will get nailed. :lol:

Those negative will preclude a widespread outbreak from occurring, however, with so much Cape and a fatter cape profile, along with adequate shear...it may not take much for the atmosphere to really pop...especially since we are removing all the CIN we had.

Those negative will preclude a widespread outbreak from occurring, however, with so much Cape and a fatter cape profile, along with adequate shear...it may not take much for the atmosphere to really pop...especially since we are removing all the CIN we had.

i do think given the amount CAPE available and certainly some decent wind fields, anything that goes up can deliver. i'm of the mindset it's more miss than hit in terms of coverage though. i guess that's what i'm getting at. a lot of the meso models want to sneak some stuff into CT too so you might be OK out there. 

i do think given the amount CAPE available and certainly some decent wind fields, anything that goes up can deliver. i'm of the mindset it's more miss than hit in terms of coverage though. i guess that's what i'm getting at. a lot of the meso models want to sneak some stuff into CT too so you might be OK out there. 

It does seem there is a quite a bit of uncertainty regarding aerial coverage of convection which I think could be holding SPC back from issuing higher probabilities.  

It does seem there is a quite a bit of uncertainty regarding aerial coverage of convection which I think could be holding SPC back from issuing higher probabilities.

I'm also curious...I think they loosely follow the SPC SREF calibrated severe probs. That only brings probs to 20-25% for SNE. Their outlooks often are kind of similar up what those model generated probs are.

Archived