• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
We appear to near the threshold into a new pattern - good opportunity to start a new forecast/banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro drives a cold front through on Wednesday now...so the end of next week looks a lot cooler.

This is actually a better setup though for severe. Wednesday could have decent potential if we get that front in here during the PM.

Are Tuesday night storms a possibility on the Euro, with the warm front?

Box had 75 for ORH today and I said NYC would hit 80 so wrong on that one but they still have a few hours till they reach their high

They had 73 (I linked the p&c to the airport)...you were probably clicking on the lower elevation areas to get that 75.

But struggling to reach 70F was in the cards for the hills today. No downslope dandy with light northerly flow.

Are Tuesday night storms a possibility on the Euro, with the warm front?

It looks like they would go northwest of us on the Euro...but thats getting pretty far out. The setup on Wednesday looks pretty juicey...front coming through in the PM. We'd hopefully get some morning sun. But the timing of the front is obvious precarious this far out.

They had 73 (I linked the p&c to the airport)...you were probably clicking on the lower elevation areas to get that 75.

But struggling to reach 70F was in the cards for the hills today. No downslope dandy with light northerly flow.

For ORH forecast you click right on the dot on BOX website. You must have clicked in Northern ORH Cty not the city itself

For ORH forecast you click right on the dot on BOX website. You must have clicked in Northern ORH Cty not the city itself

No you actually click just west of the dot if you want the airport forecast at 1,000 feet. The dot is the downtown area lower down. Regardless, mid 70s FTL there as we thought.

Folks in addition to Will's heads up on Wednesday ... I'd also keep an eye to the MCS sky at any time through early Wednesday.  

The parameters appear sufficient for typical nocturnal, as the surface flow will be SW, and there will be a balance mid level flow that averages WNW.  That is a static positive helicity through the deep, ambient layer.  Thunderstorms near where the ridge rim kisses the westerlies would feed off that.

Some kind of a front mid week is not surprising, though I agree it might be over-done in the Euro, which any period beyond D6 it has a bias to carve out heights up this way.  Still, seasonal trends and the fact that the subtropical ridge is tending to retrograde in time, are both compelling enough reasons.  

Still looks to me to be a seasonal type of heat wave, 90, 91 type stuff, Sun-late Tue or Wed. 

It looks like they would go northwest of us on the Euro...but thats getting pretty far out. The setup on Wednesday looks pretty juicey...front coming through in the PM. We'd hopefully get some morning sun. But the timing of the front is obvious precarious this far out.

Cool, thanks.  That's a good thing I suppose...keep us squarely in the warm sector anyway.

It would be nice to get a few days in the 80s...

Today's high is 67.5F off the 40F low...probably a -8 or so. -5 yesterday and still no real above normal day since June 2nd.

MVL is only -1.2 not including today...but Saint Johnsbury near Lyndon State is now -3.5. Wonder if they can hit -4 for the month before we warm up.

MAV had 40F at CON so the 37F could be close. Dews have been in the upper 30s this afternoon.

Our dews have been running upper 30s too... tonight will be a race to see if we can get into the 30s or if we fog out before that.

My point and click has a low of 39F tonight and the zone forecast calls for upper 30s.  We'll see.  As much as it doesn't matter at all, I'd still love to tickle upper 30s.

Archived