gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
June 2013 Banter

jburns

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be getting old because both of these photos got to me.

A Massachusetts police dog got a official send off as over a dozen officers saluted the hound on his way to be put down.

Kaiser, a two and a half year old German Shepard, was a member of the Plymouth, Massachusetts police department. The dog was laid to rest after a brief battle with kidney disease by handler Ptl. Jamie Lebretton, who lead the K-9 through a gauntlet of officers paying tribute to the crime fighting canine.

i-vwWjMZd-L.jpg

A heartbreaking photo from the funeral of Kentucky K9 officer Jason Ellis is proof of the incredible bond between police dogs and their partners.

The 33-year-old officer was killed in a suspected ambush on Saturday and laid to rest soon after, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader. Ellis' canine partner, Figo, who worked with him to find drugs and illegal substances, kept a vigil beside his casket.

i-NMVb5X3-L.jpg

Does anyone know where to find the original video of the cell recording inside Briarwood Elementary in Moore during the tornado?  All I can find are the heavily edited media versions.

edit:  foundit...just needed to search her name....heartbreaking...idk who else has seen it, but

http://videos.kansas.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=163525221

Things just got real.

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED  
TORNADO WATCH NUMBER 298

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK  
150 PM CDT WED JUN 12 2013  

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF  
NORTHEAST IOWA  
NORTHERN ILLINOIS  
EXTREME SOUTHEAST MINNESOTA  
SOUTHWEST WISCONSIN  

* EFFECTIVE THIS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 150 PM  
UNTIL 900 PM CDT.  

..THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION

I sure hope the GFS busts on temps tomorrow around here. I DO NOT want to see triple digits :angry:

Well the 12z 4km NAM has you around 97-98 so you may be in for it anyway. Has me around 99 :axe:

Looks like I moved up another place.

Jiroemon Kimura died today at 116 years 54 days . He was the last verified man born in the 19th (yes 19th) century. He was also the oldest verified man on record.

April 19, 1897 – June 12, 2013

Archived