• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 2013 Banter

jburns

Lol!!  And all this time I thought your avatar was a frog eating ice cream :)  A laid back Kermit who digs Neopolitan.  I beg your parden.  Sure Skinks and Gecko aren't far apart, best I can tell, and my yard is full of squirrels and chipper monkeys, so they are used to the wild life, though they stay underground for the most part.  I expect when you get to the beach they'll dig into a dune, and that's the last you'll see of them, until it's time to go.  T

Lol. In all fairness, I have been called Kermit by accident many times because of two reasons: my sunglasses hide much of my face (I have to wear them due to both an enormous amount of sun sensitivity and, yes, believe it or not, shyness), and my avatar doesn't show my entire body. Kermit's head does resemble mine somewhat, but try to imagine me without my sunglasses. I also wonder if you and others get thrown off by the ice cream because of the Cookie Monster's love for cookies.

Well, I'm so looking forward to their trip. If they bury themselves in a dune, I'll just take a very long beach walk during that time. I just hope that they are out long enough for us to eat ice cream together. Do you think they'll just take their ice cream into the dune and eat it there?? Wouldn't the sand get into the ice cream? Yuck! Also, I've already prepaid for a dirt cheap...ooops...I mean nice motel room with a great view of the dunes. I'd hate for them to not sleep in the room. I ended up getting two DB...so they don't have to share a bed with me. Wouldn't a nice view of the dunes be good enough for them??

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to know what they'll get up to.  When I got back from the post office today, there was an Elvis impersonator waiting at the gate, playing Ina Godda da Vita on a portable organ. 

The room will probably be fine, but now with the entourage and all, they may be out clubbing all night...hope you like the night life :) 

Oh, and fair warning, since I've predicted a hurricane for July 2nd, they may suddenly form a Mole Hive, and start thrumming up a storm..... with the proximity to the Atlantic being an irresistible lure, lol.  They so hate to see me look a fool...and I do it so well :)  T

Ok so they say that the Blackforest fire in Colorado was caused by a human and not lightning. They don't know if it was on purpose or an accident. If that is the case, how the hell is it, being the worst fire in Colorado history, due to climate change if it was caused by a human? If I drive south to the Okefenokee Swamp and set that **** on fire, apparently it would be due to climate change. People these days.

Ok so they say that the Blackforest fire in Colorado was caused by a human and not lightning. They don't know if it was on purpose or an accident. If that is the case, how the hell is it, being the worst fire in Colorado history, due to climate change if it was caused by a human? If I drive south to the Okefenokee Swamp and set that **** on fire, apparently it would be due to climate change. People these days.

Think about it.

But, "it's a dry heat"

Update on Rhododendron peak along Appalachian Trail on Roan Mountain:

I got an update from the Forest Service today that the Rhododendrons on Roan Mountain are about 25% open. Generally, they open just a bit earlier along the App Trail over the grassy balds. So, about a week from now will be prime time with the peak running about 10-14 days late this year.

For those that have never experienced it, a 8 mile hike out over the grassy balds at Roan when the Rhododendrons are at their peak is one of the best summer time hikes in the NC High Country.

I was watching the man explain the radar signature at that time. He explained why it was a debris ball and shortly there after spotters confirmed the tornado on the ground. Btw he does have a red tag. Don't see yours.

It wasn't a debris ball, there was no debris signature on the dual-pol data.

I was watching the man explain the radar signature at that time. He explained why it was a debris ball and shortly there after spotters confirmed the tornado on the ground. Btw he does have a red tag. Don't see yours.

:deadhorse::blahblah:

Lol...really? Many mets don't even know a debris ball when they see one, and don't be a jagoff.

:deadhorse::blahblah:

Lol...really? Many mets don't even know a debris ball when they see one, and don't be a jagoff.

Well...Andy, You seem to be a knowledgeable fellow, I have followed your posts in the past.  However, I've been following Greg Fishel - a highly respected meteorologist in the weather community since 1980.  That is through all of the severe weather, all of the historic snowstorms, and hurricanes that have hit North Carolina.  He has been on the money many more times than not.  If he saw debris and reported it on air and explained it, then it was there.  I am quite surprised that you would resort to name calling, perhaps I shouldn't have been.

Archived