Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 Banter

jburns

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bettes and his crew were filming when the tornado hit them. Looks like a very scary situation. Their vehicle looks like they are very lucky no one was killed, in their group

Not sure why they didn't either A) backup the other way or B ) stop going forward from looking @ the video.

Not sure why they didn't either A) backup the other way or B ) stop going forward from looking @ the video.

It looked like from the radar at least that this tornado took a hard left turn without notice and took out most who were filming from the bears cage area of the storm imho.

It looked like from the radar at least that this tornado took a hard left turn without notice and took out most who were filming from the bears cage area of the storm imho.

Without notice? They are all apparently experienced chasers and have radars and stuff. You can't just get caught off guard with a mile wide tornado approaching. Looking at Mike's video, looks like they drove directly into the tornado.

I put it in the May banter this morning along with a pic of the car, because that was where the conversation started.

Wow, thanks guys! It sure looks like they drove right into it along with a few others,

I heard unconfirmed reports that some media outlets advised people to evacuate certain areas of Oklahoma leading to a large number of motorists and a major traffic jam during the height of the storms yesterday. I was listening to the mayor or OKC who said if true that is irresponsible. In his words he said 999/1000 you are better off staying in an interior room of your home than getting in your car and fleeing.

Has anyone else heard reports of mets or media advising an evacuation?

Wow, thanks guys! It sure looks like they drove right into it along with a few others,

I heard unconfirmed reports that some media outlets advised people to evacuate certain areas of Oklahoma leading to a large number of motorists and a major traffic jam during the height of the storms yesterday. I was listening to the mayor or OKC who said if true that is irresponsible. In his words he said 999/1000 you are better off staying in an interior room of your home than getting in your car and fleeing.

The met for KFOR told people to flee south many times its not unconfirmed at all,  and the channel 9 met also said it a few times but his seemed more directed to people already on the roads as the storm approached or at least that is how I took it watching the live streams. 

On air met advises people in OKC to drive south three times in this video.

The met for KFOR told people to flee south many times its not unconfirmed at all,  and the channel 9 met also said it a few times but his seemed more directed to people already on the roads as the storm approached or at least that is how I took it watching the live streams.

On air met advises people in OKC to drive south three times in this video.

Even the mayor knew better than to advise People to get in their cars and flee. The met should be canned for the comments. He kept saying it over and over again. The reason I said unconfirmed was due to the media outlet interviewing the maor of OKC said unconfirmed and I knew nothing other than that.

Without notice? They are all apparently experienced chasers and have radars and stuff. You can't just get caught off guard with a mile wide tornado approaching. Looking at Mike's video, looks like they drove directly into the tornado.

Sorry man but you just get under my skin. Every time I post here you have something smart to say. It would be fine if you were correcting me with meteorological insight but you don't. Please get off your weather pedistal.

Sorry man but you just get under my skin. Every time I post here you have something smart to say. It would be fine if you were correcting me with meteorological insight but you don't. Please get off your weather pedistal.

I really don't know what you are talking about, but okay whatever floats your boat bro.

P.S. Fix your quotes.

I'm not a big fan of the wording of NWS forecasts these days.  In an effort to be more exact it often becomes more confusing. In my forecast for Monday below, is a thunderstorm definite after 11am?  I doubt it.  So why the distinction?  Or perhaps the added 's' means there is only the possibility of one thunderstorm before 11am but after 11am multiple thunderstorms will pound my area.

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 11am, then showers and thunderstorms after 11am.

This WAS the problem yesterday! In the cage under a HUGE Meso with multi's. Chasing 101 cardinal No-No!

Archived