Newest Member
    Toothache
May 27-June 2 Severe Weather

Hoosier

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't get it at all.

The SPC's own T-storm outlook puts a 70% probability group around SEMI for 04-12Z. Guess they're counting on them being sub-severe? Nasty looking MCS in Chicagoland though. Has more of a midsummer look to it.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
1003 PM EDT TUE MAY 28 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  SOUTHERN LAPEER COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN...

* UNTIL 1100 PM EDT

* AT 958 PM EDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR GOODRICH...AND
  MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO.

Honestly i'm pretty shocked over the reports coming in from Goodrich. Really didn't look like much on radar.

0200 UNK 1 ENE GOODRICH GENESEE MI 4292 8350 TREES AND WIRES DOWNED ON EAST HEGEL. UNABLE TO GO NORTH TOWARDS ATLAS DUE TO TREES AND WIRES DOWN. PEOPLE REPORTED TRAPPED IN HIGH SCHOOL (DTX)

0203 UNK 3 E GOODRICH LAPEER MI 4292 8346 HOMES DESTROYED ON HEGEL ROAD. PEOPLE REPORTED TRAPPED IN HOMES. (DTX)

Honestly i'm pretty shocked over the reports coming in from Goodrich. Really didn't look like much on radar.

0200 UNK 1 ENE GOODRICH GENESEE MI 4292 8350 TREES AND WIRES DOWNED ON EAST HEGEL. UNABLE TO GO NORTH TOWARDS ATLAS DUE TO TREES AND WIRES DOWN. PEOPLE REPORTED TRAPPED IN HIGH SCHOOL (DTX)

0203 UNK 3 E GOODRICH LAPEER MI 4292 8346 HOMES DESTROYED ON HEGEL ROAD. PEOPLE REPORTED TRAPPED IN HOMES. (DTX)

I agree... it looked pretty rough once it left the US23 area.

Now there's a decent couplet near Clio.

Yeah i agree. Looked much more impressive before the storm cycled and the Goodrich circulation got going. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything out of Lake Fenton area which was close to where that debris ball popped up. 

Same here, there was little to no reflectivity in the hook by that point. I am quite surprised to say the least.

Archived