joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am seriously so pissed off right now. All spring has been nice and on Mem Day weekend we get taken out into the woods and just raped repeatedly over a fallen tree

British beer pub in Sandwich might be the ticket. I have 3 teams in the NE classic b/w Dennis and Nauset. Ouch.

Lol if we can get there between games we might. This will give the dads excuses to rip back brews

Prolonged exposure to cold environments can be hazardous to human health. This risk is exasperated by biological processes involved in human physiology during exercise. As your body naturally dissipates heat from exercise, sweat and increased heart rate can increase the chance of cold-related injury. Playing soccer in the cold is still entirely feasible; be proactive and choose the right clothing to wear in order to keep your body warm and moisture-free during play.

Step 1

Put on a strong underlayer of clothing. Wear thermal underwear, or spandex-type underclothing. Ensure at minimum the material is moisture-wicking. This is important, as you want to stay warm, but also avoid sweat adhering to the skin.

Step 2

Wear warm socks and gloves. Wool is a common material for both socks and gloves, and provides superior warmth to cotton.

Step 3

Put on warm headgear, such as a beanie. Again, wool will be the warmest material, though cotton could suffice here depending on how cold it is.

Step 4

Wear proper warm-up gear when practicing or while warming up before a match. Warm-up gear can include sweat pants and sweatshirts, or material overpants and jacket, such as nylon. Wear these over your other soccer gear. If the referee permits it, continue to wear the jacket after warming up if the temperature is that cold.

Step 5

Don a water-repelling jacket over your soccer kit if it is cold and raining, or cold and snowing. Do not wear cotton, as the rain or melted snow will cling to your skin and possibly refreeze.

I'm now fully rooting for snow up in VT this weekend while I'm there. Might as well since nice weather is pretty much out the window...at least for Sat/Sun.

Yup...if nice wx is out the window let's make it a historically miserable weekend. Let's gun for some record low maxes.

One of my most memorable July 4th's was 1992 simply because of how wretched the wx was. Maybe this Memorial Day weekend can follow suit.

From the afternoon BTV discussion:

TEMPERATURES WILL BE WELL
BELOW NORMAL, 50S IN THE VALLEYS AND 40S IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN.
GONNA BE A DAMP/DREARY DAY. ADDING TO THE MISERY WILL BE SOME
BREEZY CONDITIONS. NORTH/NORTHWEST WINDS SHOULD GUST UPWARDS OF 25
MPH. COME SATURDAY NIGHT, COLDER AIR ALOFT COULD RESULT IN A
LITTLE BIT OF SNOW AT ELEVATIONS PRIMARILY ABOVE 2500FT.

SUNDAY: WILL BE A TRANSITION DAY. LOW PRESSURE WILL BE MOVING
TOWARD THE CANADIAN MARITIMES, BUT ENOUGH MOISTURE ROTATING BACK
SO THAT I EXPECT CLOUDS AND LIGHT PRECIPITATION TO CONTINUE,
ESPECIALLY ACROSS EASTERN SECTIONS. HAVE PLACED LOW CHANCE POPS
BACK TO THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY WITH HIGHER IN EASTERN VERMONT. NEW
YORK SHOULD REMAIN DRY. BY LATE IN THE DAY, CLOUDS SHOULD BE
BREAKING UP FROM WEST TO EAST. WILL BE CHILLY AND CONTINUED
BREEZY. 850MB TEMPERATURES ALOFT WILL BE ON EITHER SIDE OF 0C.
EVEN IN PERFECTLY SUNNY/DRY CONDITIONS, THIS WOULD ONLY SUPPORT
VALLEY HIGHS ABOUT 60F. WITH CLOUDS AND CONTINUED NORTHERLY FLOW,
I SUSPECT LOW 50S WILL BE IT FOR LOWER ELEVATIONS AND 40S IN THE
HIGHER TERRAIN. AGAIN SUNDAY MORNING AT THE HIGHEST SUMMITS, I`M
EXPECTING A LITTLE BIT OF SNOW. MAYBE ACCUMULATING TO 1" OR SO ON
MANSFIELD BY MID-DAY.

Yup...if nice wx is out the window let's make it a historically miserable weekend. Let's gun for some record low maxes.

One of my most memorable July 4th's was 1992 simply because of how wretched the wx was. Maybe this Memorial Day weekend can follow suit.

record Low maxes 

Burlington 

5/25 51 in 1925

5/26 46 in 1961

Concord

48 in 1967

44 in 1967

Worcester

42 in 1967

41 in 1967

Boston

48 in 2005