• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early May Cutoff Low

Hoosier

Although details are yet to be worked out, the idea of a cutoff low in that timeframe looks pretty good. The system should be blocked from moving eastward very quickly due to stout downstream ridging/blocking. Possible impacts include heavy rain (renewed flood concerns?) and perhaps some snow for some areas.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

La Crosse mentioning headlines for snow

SAY IT ISNT SNOW. THERE SEEMS TO BE GROWING CONSENSUS ON THE MID- WEEK AMPLIFICATION OF THE TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL U.S. REMAINING TO THE WEST OF THE FORECAST AREA WITH A MAJOR 1040 MB HIGH PRESSURE AREA MOVING IN FROM CANADA AT THE SURFACE. THIS COLD AIR...SOURCED FROM THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES...MOVES IN THURSDAY NIGHT. ON WEDNESDAY...THE COLD FRONT LOOKS TO REMAIN RIGHT OVER THE FORECAST AREA WITH GOOD CONSENSUS IN THE 28.00Z GFS/GEM/ECMWF...WITH SOME VERY STRONG FRONTOGENESIS. IF THIS CONTINUES TO BE THE LOCATION OF THE SIGNAL...PRECIPITATION IS SURE...BUT WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHERE THIS WILL SET UP. THE COLD AIR THEN DRIFTS IN WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY WITH ACCUMULATING SNOW LIKELY WHERE THIS BAND SETS UP. INDICATIONS RIGHT NOW ARE THAT THE HIGHEST PROBABILITY OF THIS DEEPER COLD AIR AND HEAVIER SNOWS ARE OVER SERN MN AND NERN IA AND WESTWARD...WITH WINTER WATCHES/WARNINGS QUITE POSSIBLE IF THIS POSITION HOLDS AND FORECAST CONFIDENCE GROWS. WILL BEGIN DISCUSSION IN THE SERVICE PRODUCTS ON THIS THREAT TOO.

Man, winter just does not want to go down without a fight. Lets hope the snow stays north of Cedar Rapids.

I think the odds of getting snow (at least mixed in) pretty far south for this time of year are looking decent. Just looking at some anomaly maps gives an idea of how anomalous this setup is.

I think the odds of getting snow (at least mixed in) pretty far south for this time of year are looking decent. Just looking at some anomaly maps gives an idea of how anomalous this setup is.

Well, since the snow will be very wet and the trees are in the process of leafing out, I'm concerned about power outages.

Someone posted a Euro snowfall map on fb a little while ago that showed 24" in central Iowa.

DGEX shows 24" over us lolz.

Those maps are fun in December. In April, total bull****. I am beginning to feel like an extended period of nice weather, on a day my golf league plays (Thursday) is never gonna happen. Upper sixties and sunny to much to ask for? Lol

Archived