• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

How in the world do you make it through summer if upper 70's and low humidity is uncomfortable?

It was routinely in the 30's/40's before this warm spell. The body doesn't get used to heat just like that. It takes a little while. Yesterday and todays ~80/60 felt like a sauna for me personally coming out of the cold spring.. 

In the heart of summer 70's and low humidity yeah absolutely that's perfect for me..

Even during that upper 90's/100 torch last summer I ran and played pick up ball outside nearly every single day. I can "make it through" brutal summer torches just fine. I don't like em. Not one bit, but I get through them.. 

Pretty sweet front btw. MKE dropped from 72/52 to 47/43 the past hour.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold fronts racing down Lake Michigan are always sweet. The front has passed through here and we dropped 20 degrees.

KRAC 020153Z AUTO 01013KT 5SM HZ FEW090 10/06 A3018 RMK AO2 SLP220 T01000061
KRAC 020053Z AUTO 15005KT 10SM BKN090 21/10 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP202 T02110100

It was routinely in the 30's/40's before this warm spell. The body doesn't get used to heat just like that. It takes a little while. Yesterday and todays ~80/60 felt like a sauna for me personally coming out of the cold spring.. 

In the heart of summer 70's and low humidity yeah absolutely that's perfect for me..

Even during that upper 90's/100 torch last summer I ran and played pick up ball outside nearly every single day. I can "make it through" brutal summer torches just fine. I don't like em. Not one bit, but I get through them.. 

Mid 80s is a bit much for early May.  I was very close to closing the windows and turning on the AC earlier this evening.  It's cooled off a bit now though.

Ditto for me.  It would be nice to have a string of days like the weekend with 60s and low/moderate humidity, but even with the averages around that neck of the woods, it usually is a yo-yo this time of year.

This 45 and wind chill of 36 feels brutal after 85 yesterday... at least NW WI is cold and snowy... give me that over this boring chill anytime.

73 @ KMDW...not sure what's worse lol.  that's going to be a nice cheap overnight high temp there. 

Amazing how you have changed, like Geos.  Why would you want all your summer days in the 80s when your house heats up when it approaches 60F?

I wouldn't want 80s every day during the summer. I like 70s and even the occasional day in the 60s during the summer. The warmer weather is welcome - don't need a high heating bill for May too.

My house doesn't really start heating up until it hits the low 70s.

Amazing how you have changed, like Geos.  Why would you want all your summer days in the 80s when your house heats up when it approaches 60F?

Wind chill of 31 at 7am so it  might as well be snowing..  Picked the wrong morning to clean the caliber out to trade it in :axe:

all I was saying was I don't know what would feel worse on May 2nd at 1am - a wind chill of 36 or 73 at MDW.  after a day of 85 I think the wind chill of 36 is more ridiculous feeling.

I'd take any and every below avg summer I can get but,  80-85 and low dews is pretty comfortable outside to do anything you want from swimming to 69'er playing pickup b-ball, etc...  I  have the AC on almost all summer no matter if its low 70's or 95 so split the difference and I can live no problem with low to mid 80's outside unless its swampy air.

Wind chill of 31 at 7am so it  might as well be snowing..  Picked the wrong morning to clean the caliber out to trade it in :axe:

all I was saying was I don't know what would feel worse on May 2nd at 1am - a wind chill of 36 or 73 at MDW.  after a day of 85 I think the wind chill of 36 is more ridiculous feeling.

I'd take any and every below avg summer I can get but,  80-85 and low dews is pretty comfortable outside to do anything you want from swimming to 69'er playing pickup b-ball, etc...  I  have the AC on almost all summer no matter if its low 70's or 95 so split the difference and I can live no problem with low to mid 80's outside unless its swampy air.

I see and understand, I agree I would rather have the Northwoods' snow if it is going to be cooler again like it will the rest of the week.  The first half of next week looks delightful at this juncture so we might have that to look forward to.

Archived