• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

All trees including the Burr Oak in my yard have new growth now. I noticed a few small pines planting along a highway last year died by the end of summer due to the drought. This may or may not be drought related, but I have a lot of dead branches on my birch this spring.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This cutoff low has provided us with absolutely incredible weather for 6 days in a row now. Low-mid 70's and clear blue skies should continue into tomorrow. Incredible way to begin May. 

I suppose its a bit boring having the same weather everyday but this is about as good as boring can get :D

As for boring weather I do like the rare calm sunny days in the 20s after a fresh snowfall in January or February.  March and April kind of got me down this year.  So many cloudy, damp, windy, and uselessly cold days.  I suppose the unprecedented April rainfall and flooding was notable, but flooding is more of an obnoxious inconvenience than excitement for me.

On the way home from work I was noticing the trees its just CRAZY that they were essentially all bare just a week ago and now the landscape is green. Also upon closer inspection the honeylocusts have started to get some very tiny leaves. I didnt notice it because to the naked eye they look bare but when you look up close you see the tiny green sprouts. And things are accelerating by the day. I drive by a street that is lined with tall stately sycamores (what is this the south lol) and it looks as bare as mid-winter, and then another street filled with horsechestnuts and maples and its lush and green.

We clearly started May running about 2 weeks late but a week of sun and temps in the 70s has absolutely sped things up closer to the normal to slightly late range.

Mentioned it earlier but another sign of all the booming and budding lately... My allergies have been going bananas :(

I deal with it every year. It hit a little later than usual this year but its in full force. Claritin/Zyrtec/Allegra (or the "D" version of any of those) help...but theres no stopping it. My allergies make me sleepy too. Due to THAT reason, spring is my least favorite season. My least favorite weather is summer heat, but if I have to pick a least favorite season, its Spring.

No dandelions, Veg is still in its very early stages here and Wife's allergies haven't kicked in yet but I bet after this week of 60's and mild nights she'll be hurting for certain right around mothers day going forward.

couldn't script a better ZFP for early May than this weeks in to the weekends 50's and 60's with warmer inland. Off the scale window open 24/7 weather.

This weather is wonderful for sleeping. Allergies have not kicked in to speak of. Did experience them minorly on the 84° day last week. Allergies are worse in August and September for me though, compared to spring time.

Wednesday it looks to hit 70° again- warmest day of the the week it looks.

This weather is wonderful for sleeping. Allergies have not kicked in to speak of. Did experience them minorly on the 84° day last week. Allergies are worse in August and September for me though, compared to spring time.

Wednesday it looks to hit 70° again- warmest day of the the week it looks.

Same here, so this is the time of year we need to take advantage of the great outdoor weather.  I have a coworker who has bad spring allergies, and he has felt them from time to time the last couple weeks.

Same here, so this is the time of year we need to take advantage of the great outdoor weather.  I have a coworker who has bad spring allergies, and he has felt them from time to time the last couple weeks.

If ragweed didn't exist around here I'd be better in the late summer.

Very light N wind right now isn't doing too much to cool it off - up to 65°.

---

Neighbors Magnolia is full blown this morning.

Who do I have to pay to get a nice Thursday? My golf league plays on Thursdays and we have been rained out once, cold once, and stormed on last week, with this week not looking much better.

12z GFS shows a washout for Thursday in N IL, N IN. Hopefully the model is over doing it. 

I can't wait until the stratiform rain events are done. Few of my events we're rained out last month as well!

Definitely a southern trend for the rainfall.

GFS_3_2013050718_F72_PCPIN_72_HR.png

Yesterday the GFS had an 1"+ along I-80/88.

12z NAM shifted north for us Geos.  It's pretty much a lock that tomorrow will be a rainy/stormy one for much of N Illinois/S Wisconsin, especially in the afternoon and evening.

Archived