joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain all day here...  not sure if we will catch a dry period or not...  radar looks pretty wet.  Yard is just full of blooms...

This is a great rain for everything.  Fertilize the whole course Friday and Saturday.  Everything will take off in the heat next week.

Except for the farmers I guess.  Will delay them getting in the fields even longer

Over half inch here..steady rain all day.  Grass is as green as grass can get!   Trees are really leafing out.  60F...so the temp is about perfect...moved a few plants that were in bad spots...perfect day to do that.

The warm up next week looks amazing..from -6C to 24C @ 850mb

Had off and on light rain all day, but nothing heavy. 0.29" so far. No thunder yet.

Feels pretty muggy out there for the first time with dews up around 60.

Had off and on light rain all day, but nothing heavy. 0.29" so far. No thunder yet.

Feels pretty muggy out there for the first time with dews up around 60.

Ended up getting 18 in today. Light rain the entire time, but nothing more than a bit of an annoyance, did not even grab the umbrella. Glad the heavy rainfall totals did not come to fruition.

This system pretty much skipped over Cedar Rapids.  I don't think I made it to 0.10".

I thought I wouldn't have to worry about my garden this weekend, but now the NWS is becoming more bullish on frost.  That's not what I want to hear because I've done quite a bit of planting the last few days.

Rain has been very light for the most part, and we have frequently been dry slotted.  This current dry slot is particularly stubborn.  I'm now reminded of how horribly models handle precip in the spring and summer, even with events that involve little convection.

Speaking to the rest of spring and summer as a whole, it would be nice to have one like 2000, where Milwaukee didn't hit 90 the whole year.  It hit mid to upper 80s a ton obviously, but not 90.  It took a very stormy July to do the trick (probably were a lot of cloudy days, even when no precip was recorded).

Rain has been very light for the most part, and we have frequently been dry slotted.  This current dry slot is particularly stubborn.  I'm now reminded of how horribly models handle precip in the spring and summer, even with events that involve little convection.

Yeah overdone on the models, and placement of the heaviest rain was further north.

Looks like RN- for awhile yet. Edit: 0.20" for Thursday. Gone past 17" for the year now.

Over half inch here..steady rain all day.  Grass is as green as grass can get!   Trees are really leafing out.  60F...so the temp is about perfect...moved a few plants that were in bad spots...perfect day to do that.

The warm up next week looks amazing..from -6C to 24C @ 850mb

Whiplash next week

No kidding. The GFS is showing 850's for Northern IN of -2° at 1 PM Monday to +17° at 1 PM Tuesday.

Very wet april but this was a nicely timed all night steady light rain as we haven't had much the last 3 weeks.  Just raw out there with the wind chill at 32.  will be nice to get some la crosse style warmth in here next week.

Looks like one day of that, probably Wednesday?  I hope it comes with some good old fashioned heat of the day t'storms, something we haven't had since last August I think.

Archived