joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's nice looking out and seeing all the green now. 

I think in a normal year you would be at least a couple weeks ahead of me but the past week has been odd with the easterly wrap-around warmth up here.  Illinois is definitely behind schedule while Michigan is pretty much caught up to normal now.

I think in a normal year you would be at least a couple weeks ahead of me but the past week has been odd with the easterly wrap-around warmth up here. Illinois is definitely behind schedule while Michigan is pretty much caught up to normal now.

I wouldn't say we caught up to normal. Still probably a good week behind normal, though last week we were at least 2 weeks behind normal.

I wouldn't say we caught up to normal. Still probably a good week behind normal, though last week we were at least 2 weeks behind normal.

Well, I'd say normal is usually a week later for me than for you though.  With the easterly wind and inverted N-S temperature gradient for the past week GRR has been one of the warmest spots in the region.  Therefore we're pretty much on the same schedule now.

Its just about normal given the how the native hardwoods have progressed. A few of the Oaks have been stubborn otherwise and a few nasty ornamentals like the honey locust are running late but normally they hold off or jump the gun anyhow. The mild nights do wonders to leaf production and factor in the consistent sunny days really gets things off and running.

This cutoff low has provided us with absolutely incredible weather for 6 days in a row now. Low-mid 70's and clear blue skies should continue into tomorrow. Incredible way to begin May. 

I suppose its a bit boring having the same weather everyday but this is about as good as boring can get :D

This cutoff low has provided us with absolutely incredible weather for 6 days in a row now. Low-mid 70's and clear blue skies should continue into tomorrow. Incredible way to begin May. 

I suppose its a bit boring having the same weather everyday but this is about as good as boring can get :D

I'm perfectly fine with this weather as long as we get some good storms within the next few weeks ;)  Maybe once the leafs playoff run is over...bring on the storms. 

The grass is definitely making up for lost time.  It's growing at an insane rate.  Have to mow about every 4-5 days now.  Dandelions seem unusually thick this year too in areas that weren't treated. 

Ended up making it to 77 today.

The dandelions are insanely thick here too.

Its just about normal given the how the native hardwoods have progressed. A few of the Oaks have been stubborn otherwise and a few nasty ornamentals like the honey locust are running late but normally they hold off or jump the gun anyhow. The mild nights do wonders to leaf production and factor in the consistent sunny days really gets things off and running.

A lot of trees went semi-dormant and partially dropped their leaves in August last year.  The locust trees definitely lost their leaves way early.  A lot of the oaks went partially dormant and started dropping leaves way early too.  I don't know if that affects anything the following year.  Some of the smaller pines that weren't watered actually died.

Archived