• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

Today's a very nice day, don't let anyone, except beach bums, tell you otherwise.It feels "nice" because of the sun and lighter winds.  But 49 dehrees under full sunshine this tuime of yr is not most people definition of nice,.

Feels nice after the crap clouds/rain/wind we've had..  But 49 degrees under blue bird sky during around the peak heating of the day in later May is probably not nice to anybody  but a nutty frigid fairy like me

Now Madison and La crosse where it 60's, that's nice for most anything but swimming.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't risen above 44 here southeast of Cleveland today...and am under a freeze warning for tonight. This is solid for late May.

Impressive that we stayed in the 40s today for a high. I wonder what the record low max was for CLE today? We had to break a record or at least come close.

Impressive that we stayed in the 40s today for a high. I wonder what the record low max was for CLE today? We had to break a record or at least come close.

46 in 1925.

So, a near miss. Where can one find records such as low max and high min? I looked a bit earlier but couldn't track down the numbers for CLE.

CLE's record low for the 25th is 35...as of 12:51am CLE is down to 37. CAK's record low for the 25th is 32...as of 12:51am CAK is down to 34. YNG's record low for the 25th is 30...as of 12:51am YNG is down to 32. MFD/TOL should not threaten their records this morning.

Already frosty here with an impressive amount of steam fog coming off of local ponds/lakes...which doesn't happen very often in late May.

So, a near miss. Where can one find records such as low max and high min? I looked a bit earlier but couldn't track down the numbers for CLE.

CLE's record low for the 25th is 35...as of 12:51am CLE is down to 37. CAK's record low for the 25th is 32...as of 12:51am CAK is down to 34. YNG's record low for the 25th is 30...as of 12:51am YNG is down to 32. MFD/TOL should not threaten their records this morning.

Already frosty here with an impressive amount of steam fog coming off of local ponds/lakes...which doesn't happen very often in late May.

Try this to obtain such records:

http://threadex.rcc-acis.org/

High of 48 with a low of 36 at CLE yesterday. You can't get much colder than that this time of year!

Record lows dropping across Northeast Ohio this morning. Cleveland was at least 34 for a new record and Akron-Canton at least 31.

I think we have another shot at 30s tonight. Radiational cooling setup looks pretty good but starting off much warmer tonight and temps aloft are warmer so I doubt we can repeat last night's 34.

37º. VPZ edged us out for the top spot though. 

Other sub 40º min temps in the state from this morning:

Valparaiso: 36º

Goshen: 38º

Peru/Grissom: 38º

South Bend: 39º

At least for here, I go to local NWS then find the NOWData and look there...obviously it only has it for a few locations in this area...results may vary!

Pretty rare to see back-to-back sub 40º min temps at LAF in late May (24th on onward). It's now only happened for the fourth time since 1964. The previous three occurrences went back-to-back-to-back. This year will not, barring a miracle. But as Hoosier mentioned, the 34º yesterday was the coldest such temp this "late" in the year...missing data or not.

May 24, 2013: 34º

May 25, 2013: 37º 

May 26, 1992: 38º

May 27, 1992: 36º

May 28, 1992: 38º

May 27, 1971: 38º

May 28, 1971: 38º

May 29, 1971: 39º

May 30, 1966: 39º

May 31, 1966: 39º

June 1, 1966: 38º

Getting missed by the storms this morning as they sink southeast, but a nice rain shield has expanded over CR.  We've only had a half inch of rain in the last two and a half weeks, so we could use some.  I'm not sure what we'll get tonight.  Some of the models had the current MCS too far north.

Getting missed by the storms this morning as they sink southeast, but a nice rain shield has expanded over CR.  We've only had a half inch of rain in the last two and a half weeks, so we could use some.  I'm not sure what we'll get tonight.  Some of the models had the current MCS too far north.

That will be something to keep in mind over the next few days for those who are looking for severe weather from it or are waiting for the warm weather to return.

Bottomed at 30 at the DTX office and 29 here...complete with a freezing fog OBS and all

Those two will likely freeze again tonight.

Another cold morning...the 5th morning of this warm May with widespread 30s (or colder) in metro-Detroit lol.

But smh...DTW only got to 39F, missing the record by 4F...everyone else was colder....even DET was 37F and the usual cold ARB was 29F. if this was 1970 DTW probably would have been at least 30F laugh.png. A lot of times I use the Wyandotte temp (per a nearby wunderground station) as a great comparison to DTW for low temps because usually the two are VERY close (give or take a degree). The UHI at DTW and the water here in Wyandotte usually make us a few degrees warmer than much the rest of the area....Wyandotte hit 35.4F.

As I said last week....we had a record low, then went from flirting with record highs to flirting with record lows but may not set any. One more chance tomorrow morning, tomorrows record being 36F.

Try this to obtain such records:

http://threadex.rcc-acis.org/

Thank you.

High of 48 with a low of 36 at CLE yesterday. You can't get much colder than that this time of year!

Record lows dropping across Northeast Ohio this morning. Cleveland was at least 34 for a new record and Akron-Canton at least 31.

CLE ended up bottoming out at 33, CAK 29, and YNG 30. YNG tied and CLE and CAK broke their records.

MCS made it pretty far east...looking forward to the next week.

Yeah I don't think the concerns powerball laid out should come to fruition on this one, the low level flow out over the Plains and eventually into this region is going to be very strong and extend far north, the warm front should blast through here with no issues.

Archived