• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

First 90º temp of the year at LAF likely tomorrow.

May running well above normal, +2.2º through yesterday. And will go higher this week.

Very dry month, running -1.56" so far. Only 0.81" total in the last 21 days, including today. Not expecting much relief anytime soon. Total run QPF for LAF from the 6z GFS is 0.60".

Trend is Hoosier's friend. Hot and dry odds for this upcoming summer in the LAF looking better and better.

Turning into a warm monger? ;) I actually don't think 90 is that likely tomorrow...I'd give it like a 30% chance tops. Would have a better shot if we mix to 850 mb but forecast soundings fall a bit short as of now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we make it through the upcoming stretch without really heavy stuff (like 2-3" amounts) then I'm quite confident that the month finishes drier than average as the large scale pattern looks to favor dry conditions until possibly the end of the month. Could be quite a turnaround from April.

Odds we're actually in our favor to have a drier than normal May after a previous very wet April...according to the stats I ran. So I'm not surprised. June and onward isn't as clear cut though.

Turning into a warm monger? ;) I actually don't think 90 is that likely tomorrow...I'd give it like a 30% chance tops. Would have a better shot if we mix to 850 mb but forecast soundings fall a bit short as of now.

Eh, when's the last time LAF underachieved with high temperatures? 90 is a lock tomorrow.

Odds we're actually in our favor to have a drier than normal May after a previous very wet April...according to the stats I ran. So I'm not surprised. June and onward isn't as clear cut though.

Eh, when's the last time LAF underachieved with high temperatures? 90 is a lock tomorrow.

I know...I just think 88 or 89 is more likely.

Getting a bit sticky now; 76/64.

Definitely noticing a few mosquitoes today.

The mosquitoes are absolutely thick here.  The more CO2 you breath the faster they find you and swarm.  I hold my breath while walking short distances outside.  Damn things like me.  I'd wear a long sleeve shirt if it wasn't so humid.

Just another choice May day and actually cool down by the lake front (58 degrees when we left for home at 2 pm.. at the BIL'S house in Greenfield it was 77 degrees at 2:30) for the Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis walk

To, Tim (Chicago WX) from, Jocelyn.

2ur8i29.jpg

xe1rae.jpg

The mosquitoes are absolutely thick here.  The more CO2 you breath the faster they find you and swarm.  I hold my breath while walking short distances outside.  Damn things like me.  I'd wear a long sleeve shirt if it wasn't so humid.

When it's breezy out all that CO2 is dissipated in a short amount of time and they can't find you too well! They don't like coming out in the bright sunny areas.

Way toooo nice out overnight to let the 22.5" weber smoker get lonely and since its full of brisket and butt's I figured why not fire up the 18.5" Weber smoker and run to the store and pick up a couple  racks of loin back ribs.

Lots of high chance rains this week in the zone forecast...at least we escaped anything overnight.  Hopefully the weekend will be mostly dry for camping up north..  Two things looks for sure..there will be no swimming except for the dog and I'll be picking up way more amount of firewood than I had planned with the cool days and nights.

Tough by yourself trying to get a pic at night holding a rack of ribs with tongs.. Not bad for a midnight rush job and passes the 90 degree bend test.  yum

2cqffrn.jpg

:P

30utrtx.jpg

makes my cereal and banana even more depressing. Nice work.

Sure was a beautiful morning chilling outside soaking it all up before the swamp arse air moves in.  Spring is finally progressing along now.

2cpdoao.jpg

Meh - Ribs weren't nothing special but still dam edible for sure... Made them mostly for my dad as an experiment.. He has to and is really watching his sugar intake sooo. No sugar in the winged it recipe rib rub and glaze/sauce.. Used the last of my oak and cherry chunks up on the brisket/butts so no wood.  And my temps were running at 350 for the first hr and a half because I thought I mostly closed the bottom vents but I had all 3 vent wide open so she really took off hot instead of being locked in around 260 degrees.  Annnnnd, I'm more of a St Louis style spare rib man over the lean loin back ribs.

Brisket and Butt's pulled/wrapped and in to a cooler to rest before delivering at 10 am.. Also the cook  sure went quick doing them at around 300 degree's vs low and slow.  Think I might be ditching the low for higher temps if these turned out as good as the last batch.

2w7nvxs.jpg

33vmgd4.jpg

Point-n-click dropped me from 90 to 85 with lots of clouds around. Still feels tropical though.

Those ribs look tasty Bowme. I've tried the low and slow a few times and they are quite good, but the next time I'm going to cook them hotter and faster. I don't think it will degrade the flavor, no matter what the experts say.

Archived