Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Spring in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Tony Gigi at Mt. Holly, the Air Force thinks the sensor at Lakehurst its working OK.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, the ASOS at NEL is absolutely hysterical, I know a weather station installer named Nick Stefano who is good friends with Walt Drag, and stated that he would speak to Drag about NEL. I spoke with him a few months ago when AVP was running way too warm and they fixed it.

Yeah, the ASOS at NEL is absolutely hysterical, I know a weather station installer named Nick Stefano who is good friends with Walt Drag, and stated that he would speak to Drag about NEL. I spoke with him a few months ago when AVP was running way too warm and they fixed it.

Problem here is that its a Navy unit.  We can't "force" them to fix it if they think its working fine. 

Edit:  Wrote Air Force for some reason, but its Navy.  Been awake too long ;)

There is currently a 23 degree difference between LGA and JFK as of 9PM. LGA is at 88 while JFK is at 65. I can't understand though how LGA actually went up two degrees to 88 from a previous temp of 86 when all surrounding stations, even Newark, is cooler than 88.

There is currently a 23 degree difference between LGA and JFK as of 9PM. LGA is at 88 while JFK is at 65. I can't understand though how LGA actually went up two degrees to 88 from a previous temp of 86 when all surrounding stations, even Newark, is cooler than 88.

They might be right at the edge of the sea breeze front. Their wind is from the SW but just to the south it is from the SE.

Advection from central/lower Manhattan, perhaps?

I'm surprised no one started a topic for Late Next Weekend's potential Heavy Rainstorm event. The GFS has been consistently showing an average 1000 mB SLP moving along the coast towards Maine with a sledge hammer of rain. The 06Z GFS shows a possible Tropical Storm in the Gulf, then weakening as it heads up towards the NE/MD-ATL, but not much precipitation left. 

You start to wonder if perhaps we get close to some records today/tomorrow?  Not likely but potential where bolded

5/30

NYC: 97

LGA: 96

JFK: 99

EWR: 98

TTN: 96

5/31:

NYC: 96

LGA: 96

JFK: 92

EWR: 96*

TTN: 99

Could be close to some of these records and others throughout the area.

Archived