• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant severe weather threats 4/8-10

OKpowdah

Former KOCO met on FB isn't impressed with tomorrow at all for OKC.

Newest model data coming in, jives with the prior. A few severe storms breaking out along the dryline near hwy 183. For a couple of hours these supercells will produce damaging hail/wind as they move towards I-35. The cold front will quickly approach from the NW and will undercut the storms killing off their supply of warm/unstable air at the surface limiting their severity quite a bit. That means the developing squall line won't be as intense either. Still pockets of hail/wind but not a widespread event. Any isolated tornado threat is very small and would be early with those supercells that develop. Storms would move into the OKC area anytime after 4:30pm. The front should be in close to 7pm.

Not sure what he's seeing. Any supercell that forms ahead of the line will have a tornado potential. I wouldn't call the threat "very small". The data and SPC seem to disagree with him...as does the Norman office.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what he's seeing. Any supercell that forms ahead of the line will have a tornado potential. I wouldn't call the threat "very small". The data and SPC seem to disagree with him...as does the Norman office.

It seems like the hip thing in social media today for broadcast mets is to either play down or hype up a severe threat as much as possible.  No middle ground.

Pulling the trigger and flying down to OKC in the morning.

Early target area will probably be somewhere in S. OK, along/south of I-40. Hoping for some sustained discrete activity before the cold pool sweeps in from the NW and under-cuts activity.

how do you buy a cheap plane ticket last minute lol?

Pulling the trigger and flying down to OKC in the morning.

Early target area will probably be somewhere in S. OK, along/south of I-40. Hoping for some sustained discrete activity before the cold pool sweeps in from the NW and under-cuts activity.

You getting a rental car? If it wasn't that much more for you...fly into SJT...and you can ride with me and a friend/co-worker from the office. Our target is Wichita Falls as a setup spot.

still debating on going down  there  or save $ for a trip later in the season....Wichita Falls to Chickasha, OK  to Ardmore, ok  would be my area

LOL. That's our initial "target triangle". We will re-access when there...but I've been thinking Lawton to Ardmore as an eventual spot. Probably Lawton as I wanna stay about 40 miles east of the dryline.

LOL. Thats my initial "target triangle". We will re-asses when there...but I've been thinking Lawton to Ardmore as an eventual spot. Probably Lawton as I wanna stay about 40 miles east of the dryline.

That's what I'm thinking as well. That's a quick shot down Interstate 44 from OUN. I'm worried about the LLJ being displaced to the east, but am hoping that we're dealing with a more discrete/line segment mode versus a completely linear event. At least I get to sleep in since it's a 90 minute drive.

That's what I'm thinking as well. That's a quick shot down Interstate 44 from OUN. I'm worried about the LLJ being displaced to the east, but am hoping that we're dealing with a more discrete/line segment mode versus a completely linear event. At least I get to sleep in since it's a 90 minute drive.

Well happy hunting to us and anyone else. We'll be in a 2012 Mazda 3. I thought about taking the 4x4 but gonna go with the better gas MPG vehicle. BTW...too bad I didn't get my edit in before your comment...on my wording error...oh well...uugghh.

You getting a rental car? If it wasn't that much more for you...fly into SJT...and you can ride with me and a friend/co-worker from the office. Our target is Wichita Falls as a setup spot.

Actually me and my partner for the day already have a cheap rental lined up in OKC.

Thanks for the offer though, maybe we'll see you out there!

Actually me and my partner for the day already have a cheap rental lined up in OKC.

Thanks for the offer though, maybe we'll see you out there!

Anytime. If you're ever debating send me a msg...and if I don't have to work is np. I could even swing by DFW to save you $$$$. Good luck.

Interesting day tomorrow. Good luck to all the chasers going out.

A lot of the models seem to hint at a weakness in the low level wind field just east of the dryline, but the environment becomes increasingly more favorable from I-35 east. Relatively dry LCL-LFC RH's (especially in the latest RAP) may also limit coverage, but then again that may be a good thing for the chasers. I for one and highly interested in seeing if some supercells can fire along the dryline and make it east ahead of the cold front. Talk about a narrow window of opportunity. Will be watching with a close eye up here in snowy Alaska.

Archived