• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
When will the Twin Lakes Snow Cam melt?

Jonger

When will it melt? ( Twin Lakes Webcam )  

44 members have voted

1. 1. When will the last trace of Snow melt?

• Between April 10th and 20th
    • Between April 21st and 30th
    • Between May 1st and 10th
    • Between May 11th and May 20th
    • After May 21st

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, lol @ these people

it's easy to get caught up in the moment when we were in the middle of record blocking and a favorable Pacific.  Also what will be record April NA snow cover. 

I have done a lot of recent research on solar forcing because of the increasing GHG's which have nothing to do with this.  But the solar right now is so powerful.  Even if it was in the mid 30s and sunny the snow by now would be melting off pretty fast.

that thermometer is on asphalt it seems.  but it shows like 70F right now.  I would be very surprise if any snow is left by tomorrow night.

twinlakes.jpg

If it survives tomorrow, all picks after May 1st till the 10th are safe... The 10th till the 20th crowd is in serious danger, probably will require some additional snowfall to keep it alive (assuming it doesn't melt out first). If it melts out, that's the end of the contest regardless of what comes later.

it's easy to get caught up in the moment when we were in the middle of record blocking and a favorable Pacific.  Also what will be record April NA snow cover. 

I have done a lot of recent research on solar forcing because of the increasing GHG's which have nothing to do with this.  But the solar right now is so powerful.  Even if it was in the mid 30s and sunny the snow by now would be melting off pretty fast.

that thermometer is on asphalt it seems.  but it shows like 70F right now.  I would be very surprise if any snow is left by tomorrow night.

twinlakes.jpg

That's a  $5.99 hardware store thermometer that bakes in the sun all day from morning until sunset.  No way it was 70 or that snow would have taken even more of a beating today by the mid-august sun strength.  Tons of snow in the woods yet that is protected some by the sun..  Frosty had no chance in his location and he'll  likely be surrounded by only patches of snow left on the morning of the 1st like I predicted if tonight and tomorrow are as torchy as thought by NWS.

Should be all gone by the end of the weekend or Monday when it warms back up some on Sunday/Monday.

If it survives tomorrow, all picks after May 1st till the 10th are safe... The 10th till the 20th crowd is in serious danger, probably will require some additional snowfall to keep it alive (assuming it doesn't melt out first). If it melts out, that's the end of the contest regardless of what comes later.

attachicon.gifSnow.jpg

Only if another foot or two falls.

Clouds, rain, light snow and near 40F for highs will still melt it all out.

tonight gfs and nam both drop another foot of snow.  That might help hold out until the 5th or so.

but if that doesn't materialize the remaining patches of snow won't last just because its mid 30s to low 40s and light rain or snow.

EDIT:  If May 1st is the goal that counts for all of May 1st to 10th then yeah I would say it would last up to May 4th-6th.

Archived