• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
When will the Twin Lakes Snow Cam melt?

Jonger

When will it melt? ( Twin Lakes Webcam )  

44 members have voted

1. 1. When will the last trace of Snow melt?

• Between April 10th and 20th
    • Between April 21st and 30th
    • Between May 1st and 10th
    • Between May 11th and May 20th
    • After May 21st

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stuff is hanging on. Then again this is basically playing "when will the giant snow pile in the mall parking lot melt" game, but yooper style. We've seen that this area is just where about 250" of snow has been pushed by a snowblower over the past 6 months.

I can't help but wonder if a lot of the cams up that way are strategically placed in local areas prone to sustained snow cover/drifting and obviously helped by strategic plowing to help drum up snow tourism. 

That stuff is hanging on. Then again this is basically playing "when will the giant snow pile in the mall parking lot melt" game, but yooper style. We've seen that this area is just where about 250" of snow has been pushed by a snowblower over the past 6 months.

I can't help but wonder if a lot of the cams up that way are strategically placed in local areas prone to sustained snow cover/drifting and obviously helped by strategic plowing to help drum up snow tourism. 

twin lakes cam is legit all winter and they never snow blow snow around the depth stake during the sledding season and it  hardly ever drifts unless a big system snow/s rips e/ne winds like this spring.

Probably safe through May 5th.... 

The May 11th+ crew is going to be watching a nail biter. I think next weeks 50-60F will probably put the dagger to it, we can use surrounding cams to verify if the man made pile is too "unscientific".

What if it all melts and then it snows again? (see the 12z Euro)

I think my pick is going to prevail.

When it melts out the contest is over.... It's almost 100% likely to re-cover the ground after the first melt out, so I made it clear that the first melt out ended the content.

I think my pick is going to prevail. When it melts out the contest is over.... It's almost 100% likely to re-cover the ground after the first melt out, so I made it clear that the first melt out ended the content.

Really? I would think accumulating snow there past this point is quite rare.

low snow in december and the early Jan torch really killed business in the north woods of WI.   This yr in the same area the lakes were all iced over still for the opening weekend of fishing which killed another big money making period.   One tough business when you depend on mother nature..  too bad they can't get farmer bailout money when mother nature is on her rag.

At least the rest of the winter went balls to the walls right until trail closing time.

Archived