Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, between surface and 950 is a problem but it can be overcome pretty easy with rates. At least imo. I wish I had panels for 950 like 925 but I don't. It can also be overcome with a slightly better storm track. If slp tracks euroish then I can probably delete some morning posts. 

We're all getting accum snow until you get a good bit e-s. That's a good feeling. And if there are mixing/rain problems tomorrow then we just gotta be patient. once the backside is rippin it's accum snow and great rates. 

instantweathermaps.com has full CONUS maps of many variables at 1000mb,975,950,925,850, etc...  

The 6z GFS 950mb map is...ugly.  6z NAM has the freezing line at 950mb right on I-95 all day basically tomorrow and the 975mb temps are very close to freezing.  

instantweathermaps.com has full CONUS maps of many variables at 1000mb,975,950,925,850, etc...

The 6z GFS 950mb map is...ugly. 6z NAM has the freezing line at 950mb right on I-95 all day basically tomorrow and the 975mb temps are very close to freezing.

Ah, i use that site once in a while but obviously not enough. I saw the 950's on the 6z gfs. I wish I hadn't. And I won't be going back until we get nam'd in a few.

NAM is all snow through 13z at least for the big cities and all points N/W (probably even a bit farther south than the cities).  Freezing level is at 975 at 13z tomorrow for I-95 or so.  

everything looks about ~20 miles SE better than 6z which for the DC metro could be pretty significant...

NAM is all snow through 13z at least for the big cities and all points N/W (probably even a bit farther south than the cities).  Freezing level is at 975 at 13z tomorrow for I-95 or so.  

Colder, but slightly drier.  I think that's a tradeoff that many people right around DC will take.

975mb temps JUST edge above freezing for I-95 at 16z tomorrow, still below for N/W burbs.  950s still below freezing.  I think the NAM's a wet paste bomb...

950mb backs up right to DC, but doesn't cross. 

my thoughts too...good rates when things start to flirt with the 950mb freezing line

Archived