Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA - Second Half of February 2013

MAG5035

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much just rain now, had the half inch of sleet that Eskimo Joe reported down the road from me. It was enough to make the roads very treacherous from what I hear. 

Speaking of sleet,

post-1507-0-67845100-1361923205_thumb.jp

Oh if i had a nickel for everytime i've hear people call sleet hail...

Kind of OT in regards to the current storm, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any good regional weather twitter pages to follow. I've been doing some research and trying to get prepped for severe wx season and I can't find anything solid at this point. Any help would be awesome!

ProTip:  Following multiple twitter accounts at once can overload you.  Our office uses a program called "TweetDeck" where all your Twitter feeds are integrated into one account.  It doesn't clutter neither your web browser, nor overload you with information.

EDIT:  My favorite Twitter account for all meso-scale discussions:  https://twitter.com/WeatherEvents

ProTip:  Following multiple twitter accounts at once can overload you.  Our office uses a program called "TweetDeck" where all your Twitter feeds are integrated into one account.  It doesn't clutter neither your web browser, nor overload you with information.

EDIT:  My favorite Twitter account for all meso-scale discussions:  https://twitter.com/WeatherEvents

You can also aggregate your Tweets into specific groups. For example, I have a Tweetdeck group for comics.

Was just rain now back to sleet.

My least favorite weather.

You and State College will probably go over to snow with the arrival of that heavier precip by the looks of it. Could be a sign of the coastal starting to take over and a relaxation of that strong southeastery jet. Too bad it looks like we're going to run out of precip before things escalate much. 

You and State College will probably go over to snow with the arrival of that heavier precip by the looks of it. Could be a sign of the coastal starting to take over and a relaxation of that strong southeastery jet. Too bad it looks like we're going to run out of precip before things escalate much. 

snowing here as well.

Yep, dumping snow now. Wow.

EDIT: Looks like about a 50/50 sleet/snow mix. Some pure snowflakes, lots of rimed snow, and some pure sleet as well.

Archived