gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Central PA - Second Half of February 2013

MAG5035

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we end up with more snow Wed afternoon/Wed night than we do today/tonight. 

Looks like the Lake effect/ upslope favored areas will get 2 to 4 inches. Looks like a rain/ sleet event for today. Given how much freezing rain is falling in Cambria County. It seems upper levels are a touch off.    

lol tmrw is only supposed to be snow showers if I am correct, nothing organized.

No, this is a bit different. We've been focusing on the main part of the storm but as CTP mentions models all have been putting out few tenths of precip:

.SHORT TERM /WEDNESDAY/...THE BUL OF THE STEADY PRECIP WILL END IN THE PREDAWN HOURSWEDNESDAY...AS LLJ AND PWAT PLUME LIFTS NORTH OF PA. 5H TROF AXISROTATES NWD ACROSS PA WED MORNING AND AFTERNOON...WITH ANOTHERPERIOD OF MODERATE FORCING AND COOLING BOUNDARY LAYER TEMPERATURESSUPPORTING A CHANGEOVER BACK TO SNOW SHOWERS IN AREAS THAT CHANGEDOVER TUE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. GUIDANCE HAS BEEN CONSISTENT INPRODUCING A FEW TENTHS OF AN INCH OF QPF AND SOME CONTINUEDLIGHTER SNOW ACCUMS FROM THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS NORTHWARD. STEEPLAPSE RATES MAY SUPPORT A FEW BURSTS OF HEAVIER SNOWFALL AS WELL.BUT OVERALL ACCUMS LOOK TO BE SUB ADVISORY AT THIS TIME.

Seems to want to have this last into Friday. I was just saying given how it seems now we don't get much snow from the main storm, I think given past experience with this kind of weird upper low setup around here, we get up to a few inches. Good time to note also - down here, for whatever reason, ice covering Lake Erie really doesn't affect how much we get as far as "lake effect" or upslope or whatever. Not that we get a lot, but doesn't seem to prevent us from getting a couple of inches. 

Looks like the Lake effect/ upslope favored areas will get 2 to 4 inches. Looks like a rain/ sleet event for today. Given how much freezing rain is falling in Cambria County. It seems upper levels are a touch off.    

I bet this is going to be one of those events where tomorrow the top half of the ridges have ice covered trees. 

Archived