joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Severe Thread

downeastnc

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another strong storm heading over the same area in Guilford County, though it doesn't appear to be tornadic.

GR is picking up some hail with it.

I disagree, I think it needs a warning.  I don't necessarily think it's producing or even tornadic right now, but both of the cells that have gotten this strong in the area have started spinning and it is definitely showing potential. 

I disagree, I think it needs a warning.

It's already under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning; just no Tornado Warning.  I agree about the potential.

It looks like it's going to miss me a few miles to the east just as the first one did.  I did get a brief few-minute heavy shower a few minutes ago, though.

Got another strong storm heading over the same area in Guilford County, though it doesn't appear to be tornadic.

GR is picking up some hail with it.

I disagree, I think it needs a warning. I don't necessarily think it's producing or even tornadic right now, but both of the cells that have gotten this strong in the area have started spinning and it is definitely showing potential.

Looking from Raleigh, rotation is very, very broad, if there's even any at all. Definitely no imminent need for a TW.

u3emaby2.jpg

Central NC looks pretty primed right about now. West of Raleigh is getting in the business at the moment but those cells in SC will start popping off once they cross the boarder and should make things interesting for lower central NC into Raleigh.

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

421 PM EDT FRI APR 19 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN GRANVILLE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 445 PM EDT

* AT 419 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

TORNADO 5 MILES NORTHWEST OF BEREA...OR 10 MILES EAST OF ROXBORO...

MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

OAK HILL...

KERR LAKE...STOVALL...

yXHMUfX.gif

The storms really aren't popping up like I thought they might ahead of the line in Central NC...west of Raleigh seems to be in the action for now. Might have to wait for the main line and by then it should be a much lower risk.

That tornado-warned cell entering Chatam appears to be on a b-line for me here in west Downtown Durham. Also, here's the scene from a couple of hours ago outside my school(Cedar Ridge) just south of Hillsborough: HOXJ9PD.jpg

Some good structure out there today I am jealous I havent seen a good storm much less a wall cloud all year. 

Cumberland Co. NC earlier.

i live in fayetteville, saw nothing like that.  lol.  it is certainly cloudy, we are under a tornado watch and there are some cells coming our way but nothing tornadic looking at all.  is there even any rotation this far south right now?

i live in fayetteville, saw nothing like that.  lol.  it is certainly cloudy, we are under a tornado watch and there are some cells coming our way but nothing tornadic looking at all.  is there even any rotation this far south right now?

Its a older picture from earlier but then again I dont remember a storm like that earlier maybe WRAL mislabed it.

Its a older picture from earlier but then again I dont remember a storm like that earlier maybe WRAL mislabed it.

well now is the best opportunity we've even had for rain all day, much less severe weather or a funnel cloud like THAT. lol i was on the road too, pickin' up the kids. probably mislabeled.  i remember 2 years ago they labeled the sanford damage as raleigh.  hopefully something like that does come our way, though...

Archived