Feb 8/9 Blizzard of 13' Images

TalcottWx

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

LOL so the tops for the CT band were near 30K. Holy sh*t. I was looking back on GR.

Sucks that the meat of the band was right around 00z and slightly after, because the daily radar loops are broken up right around the time that band is forming.  The second loop though really captures that mega-band though in the beginning frames.

February_8_radar_loop.gif

February_9_radar_loop_NE.gif

LOL so the tops for the CT band were near 30K. Holy sh*t. I was looking back on GR.

LOL were they really? I didn't even notice that at the time. 

I liked the pelting small hail/graupel from the upright convection during that. That was fun. 

LOL were they really? I didn't even notice that at the time. 

I liked the pelting small hail/graupel from the upright convection during that. That was fun. 

You got the small hail in West Hartford too?  I thought I was imagining it at first... just unreal stuff lol.

You got the small hail in West Hartford too?  I thought I was imagining it at first... just unreal stuff lol.

No we didn't here it was off to our east. There was some in Tolland... I almost died laughing when I saw it on dual pol over Kevin's head. 

No we didn't here it was off to our east. There was some in Tolland... I almost died laughing when I saw it on dual pol over Kevin's head. 

I was outside watching in awe as the enormous snowballs were coming down, then I started getting pelted by hail, lol.

Amazing storm and winter, that I unfortunately wasn't able to enjoy very much.

I believe that storm was just about sensibly identical to the blizz of '78 imby and ambient environs...perhaps the wind was a bit more fierce in '78, but the differences were negligible imho.

BTW, b*tches....I NAILED last winter, AND the subsequent ressurection of the sox, post August trade.

I knew that his team was for real once they expunged the entitlement from the clubhouse, and went young and hungry.

4 months late, but ME FTW!!!!!!!!

Amazing storm and winter, that I unfortunately wasn't able to enjoy very much.

I believe that storm was just about sensibly identical to the blizz of '78 imby and ambient environs...perhaps the wind was a bit more fierce in '78, but the differences were negligible imho.

BTW, b*tches....I NAILED last winter, AND the subsequent ressurection of the sox, post August trade.

I knew that his team was for real once they expunged the entitlement from the clubhouse, and went young and hungry.

4 months late, but ME FTW!!!!!!!!

:weenie:

Archived