joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8/9 Blizzard of 13' Images

TalcottWx

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just take out the 35" near Tolland. We all know it did not happen.

yard stick slanting. probably like 28-30"....maybe 32" 

that map makes me LOL though. obviously i know how it was done but still...i couldn't even open my front door by sat night. tell the front end loaders moving snow through the parking lots that that was T-4".  

that's a nice map - but the mid/lower/outer Cape is really really underdone. if i had less than 4" of snow - that was the most epic 4" snowstorm ever. 

yard stick slanting. probably like 28-30"....maybe 32" 

that map makes me LOL though. obviously i know how it was done but still...i couldn't even open my front door by sat night. tell the front end loaders moving snow through the parking lots that that was T-4".  

Excellent point!  The mid and outer Cape as well as Nantucket were underdone.  I'm looking into this.

--Turtle

Amazing what a little e-mail and posting on a blog will do...

Check this out folks!!!

http://cimmse.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/08-09-feburary-2013-blizzard-dual-pol-imagery/

It's GREAT!!!  Lots of good stuff, including radar!!  Oh, and I've been in touch to the creator of the map...take a look at the map on this blog now!!!   :)

Enjoy!!

--Turtle 

Excellent point!  The mid and outer Cape as well as Nantucket were underdone.  I'm looking into this.

--Turtle

That 3" is pretty accurate for us. I made quite a few measurements all over the island and found that to be average. I tweeted that total in to NECN. Not sure if that report was used in the official tally. Very difficult to get an accurate measurement. Bare spots and 3'-4' drifts everywhere.

That 3" is pretty accurate for us. I made quite a few measurements all over the island and found that to be average. I tweeted that total in to NECN. Not sure if that report was used in the official tally. Very difficult to get an accurate measurement. Bare spots and 3'-4' drifts everywhere.

Sounds good.  We got a 6" report, but will make sure it gets to the forecaster at Raleigh that's doing the map.

Thanks!

--Turtle 

Will we ever see a band like this again? my guess is no as most have never. loop here

http://cimmse.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/08-09-feburary-2013-blizzard-dual-pol-imagery/#comment-5342

It was insane, I remember just walking on the back deck around 1245 am and just laughing at how hard it was snowing.  FFLD dpw said that between 9-2 that night we received 15 inches of snow, and they would be correct.

Funny thing is, I was just as excited looking at flakes last night even though they were few and far between...........it never gets old, and I want more!

Just an awful story out of Milford regarding the family being hit by a car..........anyone who was questioning why school was closed down this way should have there head examined, the streets were so narrow, snowbanks ridiculously high and sidewalks not plowed out.

Gut wrenching, father dead, mother getting taken off life support tomorrow leaving 3 children behind:(

Just an awful story out of Milford regarding the family being hit by a car..........anyone who was questioning why school was closed down this way should have there head examined, the streets were so narrow, snowbanks ridiculously high and sidewalks not plowed out.

Gut wrenching, father dead, mother getting taken off life support tomorrow leaving 3 children behind:(

even now, driving on Black rock-there's people walking along the edge of the road-very dangerous especially in twilight...

Nicer to see some progress on getting the bubble back up..but from folks I talked to it won't be up at the earliest until Feb 23

Crews are working around the clock at star hill there hoping to have this back up friday or saturday
488067_297677900358023_2057016606_n.jpg
31458_297678020358011_1600145767_n.jpg
539521_297678353691311_685303397_n.jpg

Like ·  · Share · 11 minutes ago near Crystal Lake · 

•  
  •  

What's interesting is the Dept of Public Works or DOT apparently had no trouble keeping those roads clear and open, haha.  I wonder if that was on a main road or something?  But that was consistently plowed throughout the event and there was occasional traffic. 

My road was plowed every hour with a 12 wheeler and then followed by a back hoe. However, there were roads like 5 blocks down that were not touched. Can't explain that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a trip down for Bryce to visit his grandparents and I cannot believe the tree damage down there. Not only are there trees everywhere, but there are patches where wholeswaths of trees are uprooted and pushed over. Never seen anything like it. The only thing I can think of is that the trees had shallow roots and if one or two fell...it weakened the other root systems and then others fell. Sides of roads at litters with tree debris everywhere. I was shocked...the whole landscape changed in some areas.

I had to take this on the fly, but look at all those trees uprooted and pushed over.

F9DEFA96-8335-42D5-9BAA-E450F6554E4F-314

The view to the side yard from my parents house. Back yard is similar. Yes those are rows of trees pushed down.
D9371C37-D2B3-45E2-A855-5C066D082236-314

E4BD3C79-66F1-46F7-A7C7-D078BAB317AA-314

Archived