Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
OBSERVATIONS ONLY : "The Storm They Couldn't Punt" 2/8-2/9

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing at a nice clip here but not much on radar - visibility at KMQS (Coatesville) down to just over a mile. Looks like heavier band moving in shortly. Have been watching Hurricane Schwartz and he seems to think snow some heavy continues well into the AM....doesn't look that robust now but we shall see....

Web cam is up and running see sign in and password below

All surfaces covered

Temp 31.8

Wind NNE at 6 mph

the guy on News 12 Dave is really having a good discussion on this storm...he is blasting people on social media who put up maps and thinks thats exactly what is going to happen without taking reality of what storms do into the situation. He basically just declared this storm over for most of NJ with perhaps just some lighter snows later. He says the snow will be over for NJ by 2 AM and expects those blizzard warnings to be taken down.

He really seems like he knows his stuff. He said this was always New Englands storm. His station never bought into the big hype of big amounts

Is this me being a weenie or have my eyes noticed the back edge stalled at the jersey shore

Weenie eyes...radar hallucinations... Whatever you call it, there is more of a north-south motion as this beast of a storm grabs energy from the northern

Take a look at the echoes coming onshore at L.I.

That is some serious stuff

Archived