• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm

wisconsinwx

This area is NOT a big snowstorm area. We have to accept a 4-8" or even a 6-12" is a really good event for us. We don't have the moisture source to provide such events like Boston. 

Oh we do have the moisture source but it is harder to do especially out that way and or the closer to the apps you get. We just need EVERYTHING aligned perfectly. Which ala seems impossible to do even though it has been done a couple of times out that way and a few more here. Would probably surprise a few people to know that this area has had the biggest snow storm compared to Boston itself with 28.6" being top dog here ( KBTL with Jan 67 blizzard ..NO Lake stuff either with that)  and 27 being top dog there in Boston. Sure areas just inland/just west of Boston have seen bigger dumps though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This area is NOT a big snowstorm area. We have to accept a 4-8" or even a 6-12" is a really good event for us. We don't have the moisture source to provide such events like Boston. 

True. Have to hope for one of those lows like 1886 or 1974 (keep in mind those werent widespread massive storms, we were the jackpot of what was a widespread big storm).

Hey, I hope you don't mind me asking a quick question.  I'm not too familiar with these maps.  When it says "100-125", does that transfer to 10-12.5 inches?  Or something entirely different? Thx for your help.

Yup, you got it. If you click the image so you can zoom in on the bottom you'll see that the units are "IN x 10". 

True. Have to hope for one of those lows like 1886 or 1974 (keep in mind those werent widespread massive storms, we were the jackpot of what was a widespread big storm).

We need a Low pressure system to stall out...aka similar set-up to the April 2005 storm which if it was 3 weeks earlier this area would have had nearly 3 feet of snow. 

just was wondering, since i was there in 1999 when that happened. I had to give the briefing to the city, mayor mel, the MTO, and the TTC for the cleanup.

Wow, that's really interesting. You worked for EC right? 1999 was a bit of different animal in that it was 46" of unrelenting snow over the course of a week and a half. The army wasn't utilized after the main Jan 2-3 storm which dropped 15". Only later.

Wow, that's really interesting. You worked for EC right? 1999 was a bit of different animal in that it was 46" of unrelenting snow over the course of a week and a half. The army wasn't utilized after the main Jan 2-3 storm which dropped 15". Only later.

world weatherwatch is who i worked for (EC doesn't take americans for hire last i knew). it was a series of 3 storms that dropped 30 per storm that just made too difficult.

Archived