Newest Member
    joxey
February 6-8th Great Lakes Wintry Storm

wisconsinwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where? Not in their text forecast.

http://spotwx.com/products/grib_index.php?model=meteocode&zone=r1101&tz=-5&title=FPTO51&lat=43.68648&lon=-79.41393

spotwx.com transcribes local forecasts. So even though EC doesn't post amounts out past 48 hours (likely due to accuracy issues), they still input amounts from their forecasting tool and spotwx shows it. Handy little website.

I'm wondering if the SEasterlies on Thurs will help amplify any amounts via LES

http://spotwx.com/products/grib_index.php?model=meteocode&zone=r1101&tz=-5&title=FPTO51&lat=43.68648&lon=-79.41393

spotwx.com transcribes local forecasts. So even though EC doesn't post amounts out past 48 hours (likely due to accuracy issues), they still commute and input amounts via their forecasting tool. Handy little website.

I'm wondering if the SEasterlies on Thurs will help amplify any amounts via LES

Wow, that's really cool. They're riding the GGEM (not surprisingly) which is also the wettest model for us. I doubt LES will be too much of a factor due to prohibitively low delta ts.

Wow, that's really cool. They're riding the GGEM (not surprisingly) which is also the wettest model for us. I doubt LES will be too much of a factor due to prohibitively low delta ts.

-

Eh, I take it back. Looks like there may be a window of opportunity right at the onset when 850 temps are around -12 to -14c. Both the 18z NAM and GFS show it.

NAM looks close.

But seems like a good candidate for 34 and rain.

One difference compared to that late January event is that the warm air advection is not as overwhelming this time. Could still warm up just enough before it starts but at least we're not dealing with such dramatic advection.

One difference compared to that late January event is that the warm air advection is not as overwhelming this time. Could still warm up just enough before it starts but at least we're not dealing with such dramatic advection.

Yeah, I'll give you that. We'll keep on eye on it.

Archived