• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 19-20 Talking Points - Part 3

earthlight

It won't be a double-barrel low, the NAM only makes it appear that way because it creates random vortmaxes that create a fake pseudo-low and heavy precip, which compete with the main low and cause the whole complex to be broad and weak. By tomorrow night it'll probably lose enough of these to make it into the powerful storm near the coast it would show without the random vorts. Just going by the upper air and taking those vorts out, it would likely be a bomb.

I agree. Great post. The only thing I would add is there is still going to be a tight W-E gradient, so a 50 mi change in the track is still going to have huge implications.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which ain't too shabby. From my experience tracking storms, the NAM out of all the other models has the most fluctuations past 48 hrs.

Im looking for the GFS and GGEM to hold or improve their 12z solutions. ECM I'd expect to be a bit east from its all out major i-95 snow.

Im looking for the GFS and GGEM to hold or improve their 12z solutions. ECM I'd expect to be a bit east from its all out major i-95 snow.

The best chance for the really crippling accumulations has to still be eastern Long Island (from Islip east) and central/eastern New England. The Euro at 12z was likely the "perfect" setup if everything came together. More than likely it ends up a hair east of that. I doubt it gets to the point where Boston has to worry about rain. But most of us still get clobbered.

No offense to anyone, but why do you guys look at the RGEM? IMO, it is the worst, by far, of the models regularly posted here (except the JMA/KMA, which are Ji specials)

Just looking for trends it has proven useful occasionally. I was also posting for those on their mobile phones.

Archived