joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE winter 2013 banter thread for the final 2/3 left

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they really don't Maybe once a month.

Lol 18 year old kids trying to impress some girl wash their cars once a week. Take a close look at the front rims or someone's car if you want to know if they clean at all. Most are cakes with brake dust.

Rain only leaves spots if you don't have good wax on the paint.

Wednesday is the type of day to go running in the rain shirtless, watching the snow vanish with each step. It's the exclamation point on a terrible first half of meteorological winter and hopefully signals the beginning of better snowier days ahead.

There are 250 million cars in the U.S. For most people to clean it once a week would mean approximately 18 million car washes per day across the country or about 1.5 million car washes per business hour across all the car washes in the country seven days a week. Needless to say, most people couldn't possibly wash their car once a week, unless they all quit their jobs and sit outside in the cold with their garden hoses and a bucket.

I do both our vehicles once a week including vacuuming and cleaning the rims. I am a clean, neat freak so its just a way of life for me.

I will admit I keep the inside spotless. Probably not once a week but after any long trip with the kids or before I have people in the car. Washing the outside is a futile task in the winter or living near the water when it's windy. It just gets coated in wind blown ocean salt.

I will no doubt clean the cars after the rain. Wash bucket filled with mild water in the house makes it easier on the hands.

I will admit I keep the inside spotless. Probably not once a week but after any long trip with the kids or before I have people in the car. Washing the outside is a futile task in the winter or living near the water when it's windy. It just gets coated in wind blown ocean salt.

I will no doubt clean the cars after the rain. Wash bucket filled with mild water in the house makes it easier on the hands.

In the winter I fill bucket with soapy water and drive to the do it yourself place with the high pressure wands. I don't do them at home in the winter

In the winter I fill bucket with soapy water and drive to the do it yourself place with the high pressure wands. I don't do them at home in the winter

I don't use the pay places. Using one of those brushes on your paint after someone just scrubbed their wheels with it is like brushing your teeth with the dogs toothbrush. I assume you mean you bring your own microfiber mitt.

I don't use the pay places. Using one of those brushes on your paint after someone just scrubbed their wheels with it is like brushing your teeth with the dogs toothbrush. I assume you mean you bring your own microfiber mitt.

Never ever use the brush, Either go to the one with a wand or go to the drive thru touch free wash, When i do end up going

Not the brushes. I just bring a big sponge from home and when done with that spray it off with the wand. It costs 2.00.

Those touch free ones blow. Leave a nasty residue on there. Doesn't get that film off the paint or windows

Serves the purpose, Plus the car wash monkey at the other end wipes the vehicle down once you go thru, I am not as anal about the outside of the vehicle being spotless as you are

Good car hygiene is important for resale or trade value. We could be talking about the day 5-8 threats but nobody wants to grab that bull by the horns.

I just read an entire page of car wash talk. :axe:

We are just trying to pass along some car care and life tips. It's a fact you'll get better value on a trade if its clean even if its an early lease buyout.

Also a fact, if you date a girl who's apartment looks like Oscar the grouch went on a spring break bender 9 out of 10 times her car will be a mess too and the rims not cleaned since Bush was in office. Can save a lot of money on dinners just by checking out her car.

Later today Kevin and I will discuss oven care and cleaning.

Archived