• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.75" back to BTV across Canadian border

1.00" KRUT-1V4-BML

1.5" Bennington-Plymouth-interior ME

2.0" Greenfield-Concord-Gray,ME

2.5" eastern Mass up through coastal NH and PWM

Keep in mind it'll be -8C or lower through out the storm up here...that'd be good for some decent ratios in NNE.

This is one Euro run though, so keep expectations in check especially up this way.

we are still 3 days out.  the pattern as of late is for these things to drift south and east as it gets closer to game time.  But historically dont they trend north and west?  isnt this what happened with the big storm before new years?

It seems like in years past the model trends do often come north & west but this year has certainly been the other way around.

Wait & watch and try like hell to get the plow working again.   :pimp:

ctsnowstorm--thanks for the numbers!

1.00" KRUT-1V4-BML

Keep in mind it'll be -8C or lower through out the storm up here...that'd be good for some decent ratios in NNE.

This is one Euro run though, so keep expectations in check especially up this way.

Thank you.  joy to the world.

please, no mention of that lakes cutter for next week.  what a buzz kill.  first we pull this bad boy NW then we'll push that sucker SE.

1.00" KRUT-1V4-BML

I had mentioned to a couple folks on another board that that high position is always concerning for up here, That system is only going to get so far north before escaping ENE

I had mentioned to a couple folks on another board that that high position is always concerning for up here, That system is only going to get so far north before escaping ENE

Yes. I think many see 4-8"ish from this with Maine seeing more, but folks should temper any expectations for more than 8" until we are really within 48 hours. 

the trend is our friend folks. I fully expect this to end up a rte. 128 north into northern new england special when all is said and done.

This is a different setup with a strong high to our north. Previous systems did not have this. I have a feeling this will be a SNE special, with far-reaching effects all the way to the Canadian border.

1.00" KRUT-1V4-BML

Thank you so much for responding.  We finally have thick ice on the lakes but the snowmobile industry is really hurting in much of NNE.   If we can get a foot we can finally open the trails.  I have seen these systems trend north so many times so hopefully we will all get a good dump.  3 days away is an eternity so I will keep my expectations low.

1.00" KRUT-1V4-BML

Thank you so much for responding.  We finally have thick ice on the lakes but the snowmobile industry is really hurting in much of NNE.   If we can get a foot we can finally open the trails.  I have seen these systems trend north so many times so hopefully we will all get a good dump.  3 days away is an eternity so I will keep my expectations low.

I hear ya, man. I was over in Maine last weekend and there wasn't enough to ride open. So miserable. But yeah, the farther east and south you are in NNE, the happier you'll be in this set up...but even near BTV 4-8" is a major deal this season.

I hear ya, man. I was over in Maine last weekend and there wasn't enough to ride open. So miserable. But yeah, the farther east and south you are in NNE, the happier you'll be in this set up...but even near BTV 4-8" is a major deal this season.

If you dont mind me asking....seems lake placid/saranac lake still do ok on the euro....is is from the northern energy still, or mostly just the large precip shield from the coastal?

What VTRANS zones are your forecasting for?

FYI-

I'm going to keep most of my NNE thoughts in here so they don't get jumbled in with 1,000 other posts in the other thread haha...so if you have NNE specific questions ask them in here...I'm sure Dendrite and OceanStWx will notice this and answer questions here as well!

thank you.  Its really appreciated. 

driving up with the family from westchester to mrv.  if it looks like school will be cancelled on friday, we'll head up thursday night.

What VTRANS zones are your forecasting for?

Tomorrow I have Bennington-Brattleboro-WRJ....friday I actually Montpelier-St. J- Newport.

If you dont mind me asking....seems lake placid/saranac lake still do ok on the euro....is is from the northern energy still, or mostly just the large precip shield from the coastal?

They'll see snows break out earlier for sure with the northern energy. The coastal should have a broad shield of moderate snow out toward you guys. Heaviest will be centered on SNE and CNE though I think. Still a ways out.

This. I think it's safe to say 4-8" is possible. Any more than that, you either have huge balls or are wishcasting...especially northwest of like KRUT-KLEB-KIZG

I will say the cold should help us and there's a relatively large area of deep favorable snow growth across CNE/NNE. It won't be upslope quality but would help in a 0.4-0.8" QPF situation.

I will say the cold should help us and there's a relatively large area of deep favorable snow growth across CNE/NNE. It won't be upslope quality but would help in a 0.4-0.8" QPF situation.

Yeah, aloft should actually be quite prime for 15:1 to 20:1 ratios, so even if we see an average of 0.5" qpf we could see low end warning criteria.

The Nor. ADK seem to be doing pretty well run to run as the old northern stream low bring some enhanced precip their way BEFORE the coastal low takes over.  A little WAA type snows to the ADK. 

Overall I'm thinking 5-10 for the Mtns. Good snow growth will really help.  Honestly if these storms didn't phase I think that number would be higher.

The Nor. ADK seem to be doing pretty well run to run as the old northern stream low bring some enhanced precip their way BEFORE the coastal low takes over. A little WAA type snows to the ADK.

Overall I'm thinking 5-10 for the Mtns. Good snow growth will really help. Honestly if these storms didn't phase I think that number would be higher.

Thats what im rooting for :lol: ill be in lake placid this weekend, want snow up there, plus i dont want to miss a bomb at home.

Archived