Newest Member
    amirah5
Possible Snow Threats and Upcoming Cold Spell

Snow_Miser

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its on accu - i cant post it . Dont look at it ,you will not sleep tonite

Lol, why, because it is warm, rainy monsoon and he won't be able to stop crying and won't sleep or because it is January 1996 redux and he'll be too excited to sleep or it is a complete hit for DC-Boston excluding NJ, NYC and Long Island or a whiff for all? Lol.

Lol, why, because it is warm, rainy monsoon and he won't be able to stop crying and won't sleep or because it is January 1996 redux and he'll be too excited to sleep or it is a complete hit for DC-Boston excluding NJ, NYC and Long Island or a whiff for all? Lol.

I can't seem to find a way to find it on accuweather, but the JMA at hr 144 shows a fairly robust negative S/W dropping down through the upper plains at hr 144.

CONUS_JMA_500_GPHTMPVORT_144HR.gif

the jma @ 192 a rainstorm from albany east....

This would be a sad, sad place if that verifies. Coldest air in years only to be clobbered by a rain storm less than 24 hours after the coldest departures are on top of us. Luckily the chance that it verifies as depicted right now is less than nil.

The former ... Its wrong , storms not goin to the lakes ,Dont think we go to 50 with 2 inches of rain .

Are you saying it's a big wrapped up coastal? Snow for the interior and rain for the coast or is it rain for everyone except PA and western New England?

No somewhere between the Euro operational and its Ensembles . I dont see some big system running into quebec or wrapping up off the coast .

Think theres enough confluence to keep it moving East , where it exits ?  its a little too far to see just yet .

Are you saying it's a big wrapped up coastal? Snow for the interior and rain for the coast or is it rain for everyone except PA and western New England?

It has a 996 mb low centered in Central Virginia heading east. For whatever reason though, it has the 0 C 850s all the way to Vermont by the time the system comes. Those thermal profiles are not happening IMO.

18Z NAM is basically dry for next Tuesday, maybe a few snow snowers at best. Cold with temps below freezing for the entire area.

I personally feel as if there is still room for the system for late next week to be pushed all the way south and turn into a miller A. Boxing day was first depicted to be a bowling ball type of event before it eventually got the big phase all the way down to the gulf.

18z GFS went from a snowstorm to the north of us, to a suppressed solution for next week.

We usually have to wait until the euro and ensembles settle on a common solution.

But the ensemble mean looks like it would be drier than that OP solution was showing.

18z GFS went from a snowstorm to the north of us, to a suppressed solution for next week.

Yeah, it's suppressed and then before we get chance, it's already too far east. Big change from the 12z.

18z GFS also A LOT colder. 850's down to -22C, thickness down to 497 (KISP), and brings bulk of the cold air Friday morning; a change resulting from the new suppressed solution.

1979 was the coldest winter in the US since 1895.

I was a Junior Met. Major at SUNY Oswego that year. Lake Ontario was 75% frozen by the time we returned from XMAS break.  Lake Effect was virtually shut off until late March.  We had 1 synoptic snowfall of 7" in Feb.  Of course I missed out on PDI, but it was fun tracking it on the Old LFM model.  The lowest temp I ever experiened was -23F with a stiff breeze.  My car battery died that night so we did our bar runs by foot.  I absolutely froze my ass off that night.

I was a Junior Met. Major at SUNY Oswego that year. Lake Ontario was 75% frozen by the time we returned from XMAS break.  Lake Effect was virtually shut off until late March.  We had 1 synoptic snowfall of 7" in Feb.  Of course I missed out on PDI, but it was fun tracking it on the Old LFM model.  The lowest temp I ever experiened was -23F with a stiff breeze.  My car battery died that night so we did our bar runs by foot.  I absolutely froze my ass off that night.

I had 2 decent winters when I went there and 2 horrible ones.  00-01 and 02-03 were the good ones and even 00-01 was not that great, there was alot of synoptic events there that winter which is somewhat rare, 02-03 we got destroyed with several major lake effect events, as a matter of fact we were closed twice and they had not closed since 1993 up til that time.

I'm gonna go with my early, gutsy call ahead of the storm(s) lol.....(I've somehow had great accuracy thus far !).....for Tuesday's system I'm going to say up to an inch or so where a heavier snow shower sets up. But in general.....flurries. Anywhere from south to north....not a big storm at all. For the next event later next week I think a general 2-3" snowfall is becoming likely....some areas up to 5

I'm gonna go with my early, gutsy call ahead of the storm(s) lol.....(I've somehow had great accuracy thus far !).....for Tuesday's system I'm going to say up to an inch or so where a heavier snow shower sets up. But in general.....flurries. Anywhere from south to north....not a big storm at all. For the next event later next week I think a general 2-3" snowfall is becoming likely....some areas up to 5

:weenie:

Archived