• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Potential Winter Weather Event

Hoosier

0z NAM continues to show the dry air centered around 800-850mb and subsidence problems on the NW side of the precip. Easily seen on the DKB and MDW fcst soundings for 9z Sunday morning and well as the subsidence looking at the H7 UVV's.

I'd be a bit more optimistic if I were from BMI-IKK and into nw IN.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM has come around to a farther north solution.

I think this is gonna be a mixed garbage event around here. Maybe we can change to snow before it ends but I'd be surprised if we get much snow. The surface front slips through early on but there is the ripping mid level southwesterly flow that should keep a warm layer aloft for much of the event.

We're riding the NW edge in these parts.  Not expecting much here, maybe a dusting if we can manage a brief glancing blow from the wave of precip.  Most likely we'll remain dry.  Someone in the central IL to NW IN area could get a decent event out of this.  Looks like this will be a pretty narrow corridor though.  Probably gonna be a heart breaker for many on either side of that narrow swath, especially given the dismal forecast for the next 10 days.

lol..nothing too exciting - it just sorta caught me off guard for those of us to the NW.  looks like maybe a band (.10-0.25" qpf) of 1-3" from you up through money man.

Haha, yeah I had to go check after your post.  Like you said nothing crazy but a step in the right direction for those of us on the dry northwest side of this wave.  I'd take a solid inch or so as a win with this system at this point.

Yeah I wasn't expecting nothing different from past euro runs tonight seeing as the NAM and GFS stayed the dry course.  Probably just a bogus run but a nice surprise and something to keep on eye none the less.

Definitely a bogus run, only one GFS Ensemble looks like it.  Ain't happening, we'll enjoy our colder and dry air coming back.

So let's see, 6z GFS = just under 0.3" of freezing rain, NAM is just slightly wetter but all snow. I'll take the NAM please. It would be my largest snow of the year and increase my yearly total by 50%.

Lol..this winter is unreal. I wanted to shoot myself, not literally, after reading GRR discussion. Their discussions are often depressing for snow lovers, but it was all the same junk. Warm air during the "storm" Saturday night will cause a mix....not enough moisture when the cold air comes for LES...

Archived