joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Potential Winter Weather Event

Hoosier

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's see, 6z GFS = just under 0.3" of freezing rain, NAM is just slightly wetter but all snow. I'll take the NAM please. It would be my largest snow of the year and increase my yearly total by 50%.

Lol..this winter is unreal. I wanted to shoot myself, not literally, after reading GRR discussion. Their discussions are often depressing for snow lovers, but it was all the same junk. Warm air during the "storm" Saturday night will cause a mix....not enough moisture when the cold air comes for LES...

What time frame is this LES analysis for? Sunday? Overall it will be the clippers that trigger the LES and deeper cold.... So Sunday, probably not.

gfsnamer144precipp60.gif

Pay no attention to the QPF, its just a signal of it being there.

So you would prefer bare ground for a cold spell?

dry cold is the most boring weather possible...might as well mitigate the cold.

trends not the futility's friend. just about time to embrace the snow event like the morning dump.

meh, even the most bullish models only have an inch or so for ORD. 

What time frame is this LES analysis for? Sunday? Overall it will be the clippers that trigger the LES and deeper cold.... So Sunday, probably not.gfsnamer144precipp60.gifPay no attention to the QPF, its just a signal of it being there.

They were talking about the Wednesday and Thursday timeframe. I think GRR just looks at one model and goes with it.

What are you looking at that you can see it so quickly? Does it miss to the east on the GFS?

Not really, just borderline with surface and 850 temps.  Looks pretty good for Muskegon, much juicier than Chicago or Milwaukee and clears the 850-surface 0C line in the first half of the event it looks like.

Not really, just borderline with surface and 850 temps. Looks pretty good for Muskegon, much juicier than Chicago or Milwaukee and clears the 850-surface 0C line in the first half of the event it looks like.

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully you guys can get some snow cover too...but the cold sectors of our systems have been so narrow.

Archived