12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 12-14 Potential Winter Weather Event

Hoosier

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deep snow cover and arctic cold for chicago.. the end is definitely near.  let the weenie flop around and enjoy this.

If any area gets good accumulation, the most likely to me would be from DVN up to the WI/IL border counties.  In other words, Cyclone, Geos and Brewers are who I would favor the most.

lollies popping 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy snow/icing disco: 

DAYS 1-2...FRI EVE TO SUN EVE...
ON SATURDAY NIGHT INTOSUNDAY...A NARROW STRIP OF SNOW IS FORECAST TO MOVE NORTHEASTWARDFROM SOUTHEAST KANSAS ACROSS NORTHERN MISSOURI...SOUTHEASTIOWA...NORTHERN ILLINOIS...SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN AND THE NORTHERNLOW PENINSULA OF MICHIGAN. MOST OF THE SNOW APPEARS TO FALL WITHINTHE 2 TO 4 INCH VARIETY BUT SOME LATER RUNS NOW SUPPORT A LOW TOMODERATE PROBABILITY OF 4 TO 6 INCHES WITHIN THIS BAND.

Given how these huge short term shifts have held up in the past (hit or miss), I still may be correct.  No guarantee with these type of tricky situations until they actually happen.

Your baby fit cancel could very well be correct..  definitely has always been a tricky situation event and will continue to be.

stay the course of the euro.

That would be true if it had been showing a similar solution all along.  Sure it has led the way wrt this NW shift, but it had many runs of showing nothing of interest beforehand.  It makes me leery of trusting the Euro.  If the GFS Ensembles keep it interesting, I will forget this run.

new zone forecast for Chicago area/Cook county...must be buying warmer solutions

SATURDAY NIGHT

CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN POSSIBLY MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IN THE EVENING...THEN LIGHT RAIN POSSIBLY MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. SLEET ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. ICE ACCUMULATION UP TO TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH.

LOT updated their grids..

3-5" of Snow and Sleet from DKB to near my place and towards Mt. Geos.

New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

ORD with a potpourri mix of nearly every type of precip...

New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Archived